File Sizes?

P

Panasonic

This has prob. been asked a million times but i couldnt find it fast enough lol and i got impatient...

Everytime i import like one little song, even if its like 400 KB, the download for the map changes to become SUPPPPER SLOW! like 1 (20 seconds later) 2

Is there any way so that i can import like 2 songs and still get it like a normal, or fast download? like 1 (sec) 2 (sec) 3... etc

please, thatll be so great!

o and can someone tell me the max KB allowed??? like 1000? 3000? thanks!

Curuinor

Reaction score
Just to tell you, the entire terrain for an average 256 * 256 map(the largest normal size) is only about. . . 500kb. Triggers are pretty negligible, and object data is around that. I suggest that you take advantage of the songs preloaded for you in WCIII.

Reaction score
yeah if its a mp3 song, its going to be a big size, i usually use a midi or wav for some sound effects:p

P

Panasonic

so once i import a song, there is no way i can decrease the lag of the download, and increase the speed of downloading the map?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> use a midi
That isn't really possible, AFAIK it requires the players to use a custom loader to allow that.

I kind of doubt that a 256x256 map with no triggers can be 500kb, but not sure, never really checked.

Anyway do you really need that song? Will your map suck without it? Do you think its impossible for it to exist without an imported song? If you answered either of these with "Yes" then the map itself probably isn't good enough.

P

Panasonic

Anyway do you really need that song? Will your map suck without it? Do you think its impossible for it to exist without an imported song? If you answered either of these with "Yes" then the map itself probably isn't good enough.

hehe i answered yes for the first one..

i guess ill use wut w3 gives me already.. im just saying that i have some cool LotR music for my LotR map, and i thought it would be a nice touch...

Leo

Reaction score
hehe i answered yes for the first one..

i guess ill use wut w3 gives me already.. im just saying that i have some cool LotR music for my LotR map, and i thought it would be a nice touch...

LotR maps with music have been done many times....it doesn't really do much for the game, especially if you play with the sound off listening to other music like me.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Low quality (as in 32-64kbps) is often worse than not having music at all, IMO.
Either way most people keep the music turned off and winamp in the background so you would just make them download longer for nothing.
Never put music inside your map, and even if you really have to never do it in the first release.

BlueSin

Reaction score
>>set MySound = CreateMIDISound(<file path>,<int fade in>,<int fade out>)

Wait, does this actually work for people that can't normally hear midi in warcraft?

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
>>set MySound = CreateMIDISound(<file path>,<int fade in>,<int fade out>)

Wait, does this actually work for people that can't normally hear midi in warcraft?

I'm not sure. But it seems to play the music with the Warcraft 3 music engine, so... but you can test it by importing a .mid on a pc you can't use, then put a .wav tag instead of .mid, after go in the Sound Editor, and try to play the music.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.