Final Fantasy RPG

Drazalon

Reaction score
Im planning on making (not for sure) but the first turn based rpg, based on final fantasy =] I just started today and have been having a few troubles on some triggers.

I am currently looking for a...
-terrainner
-hero editor (need help on hero skills and abilities)
- triggerer (need help on making some triggers)
-and anyone else whos got a good amount of knowledge on other areas =]

My Map So Far Has...
-Battle begginning intro
-random spawns per battle (need a lil bit more help on)
-22 heros (atleast has 3 characters from ea. Game)
Edit: Now have more than 5 heros per game see Hero List for more details

Working On...
-Custom Hero abilities
-Quests
-Turn-Based Commands (need help w/ dialog)

The Staff

=Trigger Editors=
Drazalon
Sooda
NiKaNoRoU GR
IHM (Maybe)
Thanatos 820

=Terrain Editors=*
Agent Paper
Drazalon

=Unit Editors=*
Drazalon
Sooda
IHM (Maybe)
Thanatos 820

=Modellers=*
Need Badly for Tft

=Apha Testers=
not available yet

=Sound Managers=*
Drazalon

Idea Managers*
Drazalon

*= need more people
Theres never too much people to have so come and voulenteer!!! =]

EDIT 2:
Ahem! Fellow staff Announcment! =]

UPDATES
-09/04/06
Instead of entering region triggers to activate the battles it has occured to me that that causes people to lag in-game. So instead, i have decided to apply enemy units onto the map itself with invulnerable ability. If a hero has been sighted they are to run up to that hero. Then a battle scene will be commenced and that unit and other units will appear =] So no need to use entering region triggers no more
-Drazalon

Hero List is HERE!!!

Name/Job

FF-2-Maria (mage/archer)
-Gus/Guy (barbarian)
-Leon/Leonheart (DarkKnight)
-Minwu/Minyu (Whitemage)
-Josef (Monk)
-Layla (Pirate)
-Richard Highwind (Dragoon)

FF-4-Cid Pollendina (Mechanic)
-Cecil Harvey (Dark Knight / Paladin)
-Rosa Farrell (White Wizard)
-Kain/Cain Highwind (Dragoon)
-Rydia of Mist (Caller / Black Wizard)
-Edward/Gilbert Chris von Muir (Bard)
-Tellah (Wizard)
-Yang Fang Leiden (Martial Artist)
-Edge [Edward] Geraldine (Ninja)
-Palom (Black Mage)
-Parom (White Mage)
-Fu SoYa/Fuusuuya (Sage/Lunarian)

FF-6-Terra/Tina Branford (Half-Esper)
-Locke Cole (Thief)
-Edgar Roni Figaro (Engineer)
-Sabin/Mash Rene Figaro (Martial Artist)
-Celes Chere (Runic Knight)
-Shadow [Clyde] (Ninja)
-Cyan/Cayenne Garamonde (Samurai)
-Strago/Stragus Magus (Blue Mage)
-Umaro (Yeti)
-Banon (Priest)
-Vicks/Biggs and Wedge (Soldier)

FF-7
-Cloud Strife (Soldier)
-Tifa Lockheart (Martial Artist)
-Aeris/Aerith Gainsborough (Healer)
-Barret Wallace (Rebel)
-Red XIII [Nanaki] (Beast)
-Cid Highwind (again) (Engineer)
-Yuffie Kisaragi (Ninja)
-Vincent Valentine (Turk/Demon)

FF-8-Rinoa Heartilly (trainer/sorceress)
-Zell Dincht (Martial Artiest)
-Quistis Trepe (Blue Mage)
-Selphie Tilmett (Wild Mage)
-Irvine Kinneas (Marksman)
-Edea Kramer (Sorceress)
-Ward Zabak (Solider)
-Kiros Siegel (Solider)
-Laguna Loire (Solider)
-Seifer Almasy (Soldier/Gunner?)
-Squall Lionheart (Soldier/Gunner?)

FF-9-Zidane Tribal (Theif)
-Vivi Ornitier (Black Mage)
-Garnet Til Alexandros 17th (White Mage/Caller)
-Adelbert Steiner (Knight)
-Freija Crescent (Dragoon)
-Eiko Carol (White Mage/Caller)
-Amarant/Salamander Coral (Martial Artist)
-Quina Quen (Chef/Blue Mage)
-Marcus (Theif)
-Blank (Theif)
-Cinna (Theif)
-Beatrix (Paladin?)

FF-10-Tidus (Soldier)
-Wakka (Blitzball Player)
-Yuna (Summoner/White Mage)
-Lulu (Sorceress)
-Kimahri Ronso (beastman/blue mage)
-Rikku (thief/alchemist/engineer)
-Auron (swordsman/knight)
-Seymour (maester/summoner) Not Sure

FF- X-2
[all of the below are default classes in X-2]
-Paine (Knight)
-Rikku (again) (Theif)

FF-XII-Fran (Archer?)
-Ashe Vanalgan Dalmasca (Knight?)
-Balflear Bunanza (Engineer?)
-Penelo (Dancer?)
-Basch (knight?)
-Yuna (Gunner)

Some characters the player must choose a job since character has more than one job (Look below or an example)

EX.
-Rikku (thief/alchemist/engineer)
(Either a theif or alchemist or engineer)

Adding more details later

I

IHM

I might be interested in helping, I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy games. and after playing FF Forever, I really want to make a FF based map for WC3.

I dont know about making a turn based battle system though.

And heroes, I wouldnt do a mix and match, make them all custom IMO.

BTW, I can do triggers >_>

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I'll volunteer to do at least some terrain, though I may do the whole thing if you want. Just tell me what you want the terrain to be, and I'll get started.

P

Pawnable

Another final fantasy game. Get good skins and ORIGINAL abilities and I'll rep you.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Drazalon said:
Im planning on making (not for sure) but the first turn based rpg, based on final fantasy =] I just started today and have been having a few troubles on some triggers.

I am currently looking for a...
-terrainner
-hero editor (need help on hero skills and abilities)
- triggerer (need help on making some triggers)
-and anyone else whos got a good amount of knowledge on other areas =]

My Map So Far Has...
-Battle begging intro
-random spawns per battle (need a lil bit more help
-22 heros (atleast has 3 characters from ea. Game)

Working On...
-Custom Hero abilities
-Quests
-Turn-Based Commands (need help w/ dialog)

Adding more details later

I can do great with custom abilities or heroes. If you want me to get started, first tell me which Final Fantasies and then tell me what kind of hero abilities. I can't really be of much help if there's no explanation.

I

IHM

I think it would be cool to have a job system like Final Fantasy 3/5 did, but rather than unlocking as you go along, you have them all, then maybe guys from the games can do cameo apearances, like Cloud in Final Fantasy Tactics.

C

Capt Griffen

Do you mean the first final fantasy based map that is turn based, or the first turn based RPG?

Because if it is the second your talking rubbish, if it is the first - why base it on final fantasy (or rather, why call it that)?

Final fantasy is basically just a brand name with a few things running through it (such as similar names for some stuff, and chocobos, etc.), but basically each one is individual and seperate.

Turn based battle can be a bitch. I made one that worked well in GUI, but it wasn't MUI. If you want it multiplayer, then you'll need a damned good trigger.

By the way, with turn based, do you mean turn based, or ATB? ATB is a lot easier to make (and I made a simple one quite quickly), but ATBs suck with the WC3 interface.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Though there are many FF maps, I would gladly help.
But, Drazalon, did you stop working on your TD?

Drazalon

Reaction score
hmmm the td is going along nicely, but im having trouble for spawning level 0. so i stopped the progress for now. and um im making it final fantasy based not as in jobs but as in the characters themselves. Ill list all my characters as soon as i can =] um the battles are quite random like Final fantasy X (like inpokemon haha). The battle starts off as a cinematic mode with camera that say...... Al-Bed Machina appeared and stuff.... then i would like use diologs for the battle system. Im not using final fantasy music, acutally im making a tiwst to the music by adding Chrono Cross battle themes etc.

Yes i would accept anyone for any job to take part in. For terrainning im not quite sure how to terrain it but the players select their characters at a small selection area at the bottom right of the map (just like DOTA). I WOULD use a diolog system like i did in my other RPGs but that would lagg up the begginning alot and besides those rpgs i made are only single player =/

Need help on quests... should i make all the quests mixed up from all final fantasys or a main story from only one final fantasy.

Need help on monsters and abilities. I dont know how to quite make the correct abilities for ROC. An Example:
Rikku would cast the ability Fan of Daggers
Works like Carrian Swarm damaging all enemies
(this is where my trigger person come in =] )

Please Note: We are making a RoC and TfT versions.

C

Capt Griffen

Drazalon said:
Please Note: We are making a RoC and TfT versions.

Turn based...? In RoC? You're kidding, right? You can't even do straight JASS or custom scripts in that I think.

Drazalon

Reaction score
Capt Griffen said:
Turn based...? In RoC? You're kidding, right? You can't even do straight JASS or custom scripts in that I think.

Well.... for custom scripts u cant in RoC but for straight JASS yes! Gladly =] although im ganna need a good JASS Scripter as well since im kinda new to that.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I' m learning Object Editor here and I know much about Trigger Editor if I could find time and you could type here text about ability and what it does I and others could submit our work to you as Custom Text- it is working in RoC I think so.
Just good luck and don' t stop if you encounter problems just rest go out and relaxs- it helps if you are going to make so huge thing as FF map. Don' t forget to play soccer, basketball, vollyball, etc :D

Drazalon

Reaction score
Ah yes yes. hah dont worry i dont sit my butt the whole day! its all about basketball adn football woot!

anyways for now im settling on the turn based triggeres. One question, if i used diolog on like player 1 will it pause every other players even though the trigger isnt for them? And for my trigger editors, can u guys get started on a RoC turn-based triggers. Sadly, ill have to make one for all 12 players since they all will be soloist OR should i make it so they fight together? U can use diologs or waterver, i was thinking of chat commands but then that would cause too much lag of all the people entering text.

Now as for my side im looking for final fantasy character sounds. Like if i were to select Auron they would talk like Footmen they would say... "What is you wish?". I need a website that has ALL the final fantasy characters w/ sounds including talking, attacking etc.

Ahhhh yes! Can someone help me find any good Battle theme music when they win? Im ganna add that once all enemies are dead.

-Drazalon

Y

yoichihiruma

uhh... there's all ready a turned-based rpg out there :( , its a directors choice on wc3sea.ch, but its unprotected ;)

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Drazalon, can I help? I know the story of Final Fantasy X really well. So can I please help with the heroes and abilities, just once??? Seriously I'm really good with heroes and abilities!

Drazalon

Reaction score
oh ok thanks can u give me the link i cant find it? :) +rep saves me time!

Drazalon, can I help? I know the story of Final Fantasy X really well. So can I please help with the heroes and abilities, just once??? Seriously I'm really good with heroes and abilities!

LOL um... if u read the top ur in my staff =] um welcome? lol

Y

yoichihiruma

<FONT COLOR=#FF0000>h</FONT><FONT COLOR=#FF3F00>e</FONT><FONT COLOR=#FF7F00>r</FONT><FONT COLOR=#FFFF00>e</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#80FF00>y</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00FF00>o</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00C03F>u</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#0040BF>g</FONT><FONT COLOR=#0000FF>o</FONT><FONT COLOR=#3F20FF>:</FONT>
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=3663&sid=

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I read the post. Drazalon, does the welcome mean a yes, no or maybe so? Or am I not able to help because of that? The main thing I'm saying is, am in the staff or not.

Y

yoichihiruma

messed up with colorizer :banghead: . U can dl it on wc3sear.ch ;)

S

Synji

Also another thing that might be good. Maybe making the trigger where you can control your unit with the arrow keys? Might give the player a little more "feel" for the map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.