Report Fish cannot feel pain say scientists

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Varine said:
but apparently not fish.
But apparently they do.
Anyway, well, we will probably never really know exactly how fish perceive pain. But It does "seem extremely likely that they do feel pain!!" and that it does cause suffering to them. No wonder really.

B

Blackveiled2

No. You have an emotional response to the cause of the pain. The two are completely segregated, and for the most part emotions can be completely ignored because it's mostly annoying bullshit that has absolutely no relevance to whether or not any kind of living organism has the capacity to actually feel pain. There is a difference between a response to external stimulation and actual feeling of that stimulation. And a response to the pain is not emotional either. You wince more than me because it hurts you more than me, likely due a large range of factors, the least of which, if even included, would be your emotional response to it, and primarily because of the positioning of your nerves and the sensitivity to the various receptors, which varies significantly based on another large range of variables, in which emotions might be included, but are ultimately not very important because it doesn't really matter whether or not the needle hurts you more or less than me or anyone else, the point is it hurts you and me and everyone else, but apparently not fish.

Ok then, I am not going to reason with the unreasonable. You should do some research on psychological effects on the body, come back and attempt to bash more while you are gathering info from Wikipedia

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.