Flip with JASS

A

Alphonse

Can someone tell me how to make a unit make a flip with JASS?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
never seen it done...what makes you think its possible?

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Like a back/front flip?

No, not with JASS. It was just a unit's animation, like the trolls. Don't tell me "No it had to be JASS because JASS is magical and the unit was a footman", because JASS is far from magical, and if it was something like a footman, it was a model edit to add the animation. Sorry if JASS has dissapointed you.

A

Alphonse

Then why when people ask how to make a flip in my clan they say:

Rulerofiron99 Quote:

flip - 3 ways.

way 1 (best):
learn jass and make it like they did in one of the maps for the blizzard sports contest, no link right now.

way 2:
watch the vision by thegreatnoob, where he uses a camera trick when the terrain is hidden to make it seem as if the dude is backfliping.

way 3:
make one unit per angle of the jump, the more units for a smoother jump.

an example of this is in one of my old uncompleted cinematics, battle cinematic duel. find it at my maps site.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Then why when people ask how to make a flip in my clan they say
because they don't know jass themselves and think everything is possible with it?

A

Alphonse

WOW Let's see who's better you or Rulerofiron99 on triggers :nuts:

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
wait, this is simply the "way 3" you stated...from what i see no one claimed that to be impossible.
show us a map that actually uses "way 1"...

A

Alphonse

No, I posted this to corvusHaunt he said that it cannot be done in any way.I just wanted to show him that there is atleast one way, I think.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Alphonse said:
No, I posted this to corvusHaunt he said that it cannot be done in any way.I just wanted to show him that there is atleast one way, I think.
We know there are ways, but we said in general its not worth it.

The way he did it is kinda rediculous and choppy to teh extreme.

A

Alphonse

Yea, your right. Maybe if made more untis the flip could get smoother? :confused:

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
more units = more loading time for the map.
the best way really would be to find someone that can do a flip animation for you...

A

Alphonse

Btw I found a map that there was made a flip with a JASS. If someone want's to see it say so, and is there someone who could make a flip animation for a unit?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Btw I found a map that there was made a flip with a JASS. If someone want's to see it say so,
post it.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.