Floating Text

windwitch

Reaction score
I'm not very great at triggers but how about making it so that each time a player gets near the location where the text is supposed to appear, make it appear. Then, whenever there is no respective unit nearby, the text disappears.

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
I think a cool little effect would be to make the fog more visible the closer you got to it, so you set the point of the text, then you make a trigger that's like, a unit within range of (the floating text), set transparency of floating text to (distance between triggering unit / 2)

Or something like that, it's been so long since I've use WE I've forgotten how to explain it, but if you're good enough with WE i'm sure you can figure it out?

Skar

Reaction score
I'm not very great at triggers but how about making it so that each time a player gets near the location where the text is supposed to appear, make it appear. Then, whenever there is no respective unit nearby, the text disappears.

I think a cool little effect would be to make the fog more visible the closer you got to it, so you set the point of the text, then you make a trigger that's like, a unit within range of (the floating text), set transparency of floating text to (distance between triggering unit / 2)

Or something like that, it's been so long since I've use WE I've forgotten how to explain it, but if you're good enough with WE i'm sure you can figure it out?
Well... I have no idea how to make the fog more visible. XD

Actualy the Floating Text is used in a DoT spell to show the damage dealt, so there will be always a unit near the it. XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.