Format Memory Card

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
I have been filming some things for my film class using a camcorder. I was using an 8 GB San-Disk Ultra II 15 MB/s memory card.

It was working fine until one day I put it into my computer and it read "0 bytes of 0 bytes used", and when clicked says that it needs to be formatted.

I obviously know I could fix this problem by formatting it, but it has important work on it that I need for my class, so my question is; Is there a way to retrieve my stuff on the memory card?

Thanks in advanced,
Ozzdog

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I've tried it on 3 computers, and 3 digital cameras... same deali-o.

then I don't think there's much else to do unfortunately.. I guess you could try some sort of recovery program after you format it (do a "quick" format to only erase the index).. sorry

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Well I'm looking for a more informed answer, but thanks for trying. I understood initially that I can format it.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it's free!

Good luck, if that doesn't work, I think you're screwed. :(

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Have you plugged the camera into the computer or just put the card into a media slot?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.