Formation

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
How do I alter unit placement in formation when a group is ordered to go somewhere? e.g.

U....U
U....U
U....U

Is what I have. I want:

U..U
U..U
U..U

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Think he just wants em closer together, am i right?

Try collision size (not sure about this) or something to with movement - pathing.... :/

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Collision size and pathing do nothing. The game has a predetermined place to put all rank 0 units, at a constant distance apart. I was hoping to change that. If not, I will have to upsize all the units, and their collision, recalibrate distances for attacks and spells, change the game camera, resize all the doodads, increase the map size, recalibrate AoE's, etc.

I was really hoping to just be able to change a constant somewhere...

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hmm, Im sure I'd seen some games where smaller units seemed to move closer together, but after what you said I think I agree... I dont know of any constants you can change sorry.

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
I found about 4 stats listed under 'Movement - Group Separation'. I've been messing around with them, but I can't seem to figure out how they work. I did something to make units slide away from each other, but I can't get any of them to come together (although being spaced out is ideal for CoD fighting style of Wc3, a few new additions make it very ineffective).

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> I did something to make units slide away from each other

That's the boolean.
It's normally used on flying units to separate them...

The other three though... my guess would go to "unknown" or "aren't used", but that's just a wild guess.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.