Fortitude Aura (health boost)

Phantompoo

Reaction score
I wouldn't quite consider myself advance in the editor, I just know how to do a few things. I'm currently making a hero, and I want her to have an aura that increases nearby friendly unit's health pools.

I tried modifying Command Aura, Brilliance Aura, and Vampiric Aura but I couldn't even get to a screen to modify health. All the art is complete, and working, so I decided to try using triggers to modify health pools of nearby units. This is what I'm having trouble with. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Shura

Reaction score
Make a trigger that would periodically check all units with the aura buff, and have it add Item Life Bonus, and remove it when the unit no longer has the buff.

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
i dont think there are any built in auras that would work.
if you really want to do this it would bit a bit more complicated.

it can be done with some triggers.
i think something like this would work...

you can keep the aura you made, but set all the values to 0 so that it doesnt actually do anything (aka a dummy ability)

in one trigger, if a hero has the aura, periodically add allied units to a unit group if they are within your aura's range of the hero. then give them a modified item ability which boosts hp. you would need one unit group per player if more than one player can have that ability

in another trigger, periodically check all the units in the unit group that you made in the previous trigger to see if they are no longer in the aura's range, and if they aren't, then remove the modified ability that was added earlier.

if you need help with that stuff, youll either have to wait a while or hope someone else can help you because i wont be online again for maybe 12 hours or so. good luck.

Phantompoo

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Triggers give you so many options I tend to get confused. And my concept of variables isn't as good as it could be, but I'll do what I can, thanks for the reply.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Something like this works possibly. Dx

Trigger:
  • Learn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to (==) (YourSpell)
    • Actions
      • Set TriggerUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TriggerUnitLoc = (Position of TriggerUnit)
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Trigger:
  • Action
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000000000.00 of TriggerUnitLoc) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set PickedUnit = (Picked unit)
            • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
              • If - Conditions
                • (PickedUnit has buff Acid Bomb) Equal to (==) True
              • Then - Actions
                • Unit - Add (YourAbility) to PickedUnit
                • Unit - Set level of (YourAbility) for PickedUnit to (Level of (YourAbility) for TriggerUnit)
              • Else - Actions
          • Wait until ((PickedUnit has buff Acid Bomb) Equal to (==) False), checking every 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Remove (YourAbility) from PickedUnit

Phantompoo

Reaction score
Wow that's great. I understand how that would all work...any idea on how to make the health increase though?

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
You add a fake spell which is located in the Item section just copy and paste it then make a unit spell and set the amount of hitpoints you want.

Shura

Reaction score
In the object editor you want to create a new ability based off of Item Life Bonus, and adjust it so that it gives the amount of hit points that you want.

Phantompoo

Reaction score
I created an ability, and set the hp that i want. I've double checked my triggers but the health bonus isn't applying. Any idea why?

Phantompoo

Reaction score
Yes, I remade the action of adding the ability to make sure it was the correct one. My test is just peasants and my hero. The peasants receive the buff and art...but no hp bonus :(

jhnam95

Reaction score
try giving it a different, random ability, like blink or something. It helps to know whether the problem is in the trigger or object editor.

Phantompoo

Reaction score
I changed my health buff ability to blink, and none of the peasants received the spell...so its in the trigger

Phantompoo

Reaction score
Heres just text

Trigger:
  • Learn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Fortitude Aura
    • Actions
      • Set TriggerUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TriggerUnitLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Trigger:
  • Action
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000000000.00 of TriggerUnitLoc) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set PickedUnit = (Picked unit)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Triggering unit) has buff Fortitude Aura ) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Fortitude to PickedUnit
              • Unit - Set level of Fortitude for PickedUnit to (Level of Fortitude Aura for (Triggering unit))
            • Else - Actions
          • Wait until (((Triggering unit) has buff Fortitude Aura ) Equal to False), checking every 0.10 seconds
          • Unit - Remove Fortitude from PickedUnit

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.