Forum Help...

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
@enouwee
Don't forget the "Re: Hello"...

Spam is getting smarter =X
I get those a lot, but gmail is smart and puts 99% of spam in the spam box!

Why did this cost you $50 exactly? My brother has a dot com for a buck a month, and he uploads shit on it 24/7 (which pisses me off to all get go). I thought websites were cheap...?

Edit > Oops. 3 pages. I only read the first page =X

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> So what might you be telling me, mate?
The bold part.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
That's your problem. Really. If you want a site you must have something that people wants and it's only you who can create that. No body will do it for you.

Here is a list of stuff that doesn't work:

"My form have a great rpq system, reputation, trade system, shout box, irc chat, welcome message, ect" ... but 0 posts ...
"My forum will be a place for people to talk and it will have a nice atmosphere" ... will have? What about the 1001 forums that already are all that? ...
"You can discuss whatever you want here" ... cool, with who? You have 3 members...
"Your no1 ___ resource" ... no it's not, it's empty and I can see that ...

A common suggestion is that you, every day from now on until your forum has at least 200 posts a day, create an interesting thread that is at least 200 words long. If you can't do that then you might as well give up with the forum thing. Ofc you still have to post the normal 20+ posts a day that a site new site admin should do. If you want some discussions going then create a few alternative accounts and talk with yourself, or invite some friends to talk with. However, don't expect anyone to do this since you are asking them to make something that you don't want to do yourself.

Btw, I didn't see a single reason why I should join your site instead of any of the 20000 gaming sites out there. Sit and think about it, if you can't come up with a valid reason then it's good bye for your site.

Good luck and remember that creating a site takes effort and time.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Yes I can see that.

What shall I do then?
What are people here trying to tell you? Put yourself into the mind of one of your visitors. What content would him make you stay on your site and return later on?

If I happen to run across your page, all I see "This Web site is coming soon.", which means to me: "Nothing to see here, move along".

A website is about content. If you want people to visit and actually stay on your site, you have to offer something. Not take something you can find anywhere else and merely change its layout, but offer new or additional information.

Most visitors find your site by the means of search engines. In order to have good rankings, the only (fair and legit) way is to provide useful information.

What is your site about? I can't tell by looking at your first and only page. There's a forum, which leads to another place with a completely different layout. Is that still your page? Looks so, as I'm still on the same server. So, there's a shoutbox, a forum, but still no content.

The topics covered by the board are pretty large, ranging graphics to console and computer games. The are literally thousands of such boards on the interweb, some of them having many hundreds of thousands of posts per category.

Think of it as "If you build it, he will come" [from: The Field of Dreams]. But merely clearing an area inside the corn field won't get you any spectators. There has to be a diamond, an outfield and there has to be a pitcher's mound. You, as well as your friends are the players.

Reaction score
Hey guys, looks like my board got a little better =P.

I was away on vacation for the week and i got back to some new members on the site.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.