FPS camera

mapguy

Reaction score
How can I make a First Person camera?

this is for my secret hero, it will have an ability that needs it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
kinda misleading thread title, i thought of FramesPerSecond (FPS).
Well, you would need a periodic event to set the facing angle, the z-offset, the far-Z and the angle of attack for the owners camera appropriate to the heroes values.
the far-Z should be maxed out (the distance you can see until everything goes black) otherwise it would look ugly. the max far-Z is 10000.
the angle of attack should be somewhere between 330 and 350, you should still set this periodically because players might scroll the mousewheel and reset it.
the facing of the camera should be the facing of the unit, obviously.
the z-offset should be the z-coordinate (can only be get via Jass) of the hero plus some fixed value like 96.0 or 64.0 dependant on your heroes model.
(to get the z of a unit you first have to create a location at the heroes position and get the locations z via "GetLocationZ(udg_MyLocation)")

well, last but not least you should lock the camera to your unit, this hasnt gotten to be done periodically.

good luck.

Jinxx

Reaction score
It's your map, and you'll do as you like, but personally, there's nothing that turns me off more to a W3 map than a locked camera. W3 wasn't designed as a first-person experience. A few popular RPGs have taken this approach, but it just serves to illustrate the age of the W3 engine (low-poly characters and fuzzy textures are not made of win :()

My advice: don't! :thup:

mapguy

Reaction score
It's your map, and you'll do as you like, but personally, there's nothing that turns me off more to a W3 map than a locked camera. W3 wasn't designed as a first-person experience. A few popular RPGs have taken this approach, but it just serves to illustrate the age of the W3 engine (low-poly characters and fuzzy textures are not made of win :()

<3I love rats<3

My advice: don't! :thup:

ur right.
I jsut noticed this is a lot of work for something no one will care...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.