FPS drop when using ability.

Zealot

Reaction score
This trigger causes a noticeable FPS drop. Anyone know what's the cause?

Trigger:
  • Make Firecamp
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Make Campfire
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • And - All (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Wood
                  • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A))) Greater than or equal to 3
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Fireplace_Item = (Integer A)
                • Loop - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                        • Conditions
                          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A))) Greater than or equal to 2
                          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Rocks
                    • Then - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot Fireplace_Item)) Equal to 3
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot Fireplace_Item)
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot Fireplace_Item)) Equal to 4
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot Fireplace_Item) to 1
                            • Else - Actions
                              • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot Fireplace_Item) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot Fireplace_Item)) - 3)
                      • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A)) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A))) - 1)
                      • Item - Create Fireplace at (Position of (Casting unit))
                      • Skip remaining actions
                    • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
does it happen every time or just the first time?

Dameon

Reaction score
I didn't notice he had 2 loops using the same integer, that alone will brake the trigger, however I don't see it making the fps drop. The reason I ask if it is only the first time is cause the game will lag slightly as the unit is cached for the first time, even more so if it has abilitys cause it will also cache them, if this is the problem just add the unit on map start then remove/kill right after it is added.

Zealot

Reaction score
I don't quite see the need for a loop within a loop, why not just use 2 separate loops?
The first loop checks for a certain item in the unit's inventory, the second loop inside checks for the other needed item. That's why there are 2 loops.

I didn't notice he had 2 loops using the same integer, that alone will brake the trigger, however I don't see it making the fps drop. The reason I ask if it is only the first time is cause the game will lag slightly as the unit is cached for the first time, even more so if it has abilitys cause it will also cache them, if this is the problem just add the unit on map start then remove/kill right after it is added.
It always happens when used though.

Dameon

Reaction score
kk let me explain what is happening with your loops.
The first one sets integer a to 1, it then checks your conditions and the 2nd one sets integer a to 1, then 2, ..., then 6. So the first loop will never get past 1 cause the 2nd loop is changing the integer a to a new value, if you need 2 loops make one of them for each integer b.

Zealot

Reaction score
kk let me explain what is happening with your loops.
The first one sets integer a to 1, it then checks your conditions and the 2nd one sets integer a to 1, then 2, ..., then 6. So the first loop will never get past 1 cause the 2nd loop is changing the integer a to a new value, if you need 2 loops make one of them for each integer b.

Trigger:
  • Make Firecamp
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Make Campfire
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
                • Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Wood
                  • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A))) Greater than or equal to 3
            • Then - Actions
              • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                        • Conditions
                          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer B))) Greater than or equal to 2
                          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer B))) Equal to Rocks
                    • Then - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to 3
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A))
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to 4
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A)) to 1
                            • Else - Actions
                              • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A)) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer A))) - 3)
                      • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer B)) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot (Integer B))) - 1)
                      • Item - Create Fireplace at (Position of (Casting unit))
                      • Skip remaining actions
                    • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions

I changed it as you said but it still lags.

Zealot

Reaction score
Attention: Apparently it did this because the spell was based on Thunderclap! What could possibly make it do this?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
The first loop checks for a certain item in the unit's inventory, the second loop inside checks for the other needed item. That's why there are 2 loops.

and that is fine, but it shouldn't be within the 1st loop - it should be something like this:
bool item 1 = false
loop item 1 check sets bool item 1 = true if found
bool item 2 = false
loop item 2 check sets bool item 2 = true if found
if bool item 1 and bool item 2 are true, then continue to do X

Dameon

Reaction score
you can avoid the loops all together.
Trigger:
    • If - Conditions
      • ((Casting unit) has an item of type Claws of Attack +15) Equal to True
      • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Claws of Attack +15)) Equal to 3
    • Then - Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Claws of Attack +15)
    • Else - Actions

Zealot

Reaction score
you can avoid the loops all together.
Trigger:
    • If - Conditions
    • ((Casting unit) has an item of type Claws of Attack +15) Equal to True
    • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Claws of Attack +15)) Equal to 3
    • Then - Actions
    • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Claws of Attack +15)
    • Else - Actions
I do need the loops because if I use your trigger it will remove charges from all items of that type, and I want it to remove charges only from the first stack that has enough charges.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Perhaps explaining what you plan to do will help ease the problem solving issue.

> the spell was based on Thunderclap
Err. You did something wrong I presume?

Zealot

Reaction score
Perhaps explaining what you plan to do will help ease the problem solving issue.

> the spell was based on Thunderclap
Err. You did something wrong I presume?
Thunderclap and War Stomp cause immense lag for some reason. If I use other spells no lag occurs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.