Full-Screen Nuance Wrapper

SophT

Reaction score
Hi, I'm relatively new around, I've been lurking for a while. I thought I would just pop in to say that I've written a little wrapper to enhance nuance with a few things I wanted it to have.

The few of us that use the nuance emulator know that it can be pretty limiting in terms of interface. I took it upon myself to write a little program I call nWrap.

nWrap is a CLI enabled, Full-screen wrapper for nuance. It even has 'esc' key mapped to exit.

here's the readme:

This is a wrapper for Nuance, a NUON Emulator.

nWrap was written to support nuance on arcade cabs, so it supports command-line input and 'esc' key closing.

Usage is simple:

simply drop nWrap.exe and nWrap.ini in the same directory as nuance.exe

nWrap "Drive:\Path to\your\nuon\files\nuon.run"

This works for files on your harddrive or mounted on a virtualized drive.

Known issues:

IF there's an error with nuance and it crashes (not as a result of the wrapper) before the video screen appears you may get hung with a black screen.
You can alt+tab and exit nuance, or kill it with taskmanager and exit nWrap.

nWrap.ini contains the resolution of your desktop that you would like it to return to AFTER exiting.
NWrap will run at a resolution of 640x480x32 - so again make sure your monitor can handle that.

Coded by SophT

The Attached picture is an ACTUAL screenshots of Space Invaders XL running on my computer.

Just thought I would share this with the community :)

Attachments

• screenie.png
    screenie.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 605
  • NWrap.zip
    217.8 KB · Views: 1,457

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Cool! It makes me very happy to know there are still people tinkering around with NUON.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Awesome! Nice to see some Nuon work continue. It was very sad that we never got a Nuon to PC dev/debug solution. Even better would have been to get ahold of the dev kits.

Stephen Anderson

cdoty

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm relatively new around, I've been lurking for a while. I thought I would just pop in to say that I've written a little wrapper to enhance nuance with a few things I wanted it to have.

How did you get nuance to load a nuon.cd file?

I currently use the wrapper to make it easier to test homebrew stuff, but could do without the screen mode change.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.