Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello, I have been playing this for a couple of weeks and would like to program some JASS for the map. I am usually available on weekday nights and weekend mornings, and I am a fast learner.
Hmm ... we appreciate your interest in our map, but we are more looking for someone that is available on afternoon time ... :/

EDIT: The mapsize is 7.2MB and its only got maby 4-5 hours of content? Reduce it somehow please?
Errr, why? Welcome to the DSL age o_O'

EDIT #2: When you talk to the blacksmith about the son for family bonds he says 'git his backside here' its 'get' xD I will be editing this post if I find any other small errors like this
Hmm ... dunno about that. Ashkati wrote the texts and sometimes the npcs have a dialect.

EDIT #3: Whenever you get a quest it says "QUEST RECEIVED" Its spelled Recieved I am pretty sure :D
Ahh, didnt notice that one.

Jming

Reaction score
Squire build?
Str?Agil?Con?
I do not know whether pumping agil is a waste.
I thought agil and str based -> berserker
I want to know which job has better defense.

Archer build?
Str?Agil?Int?Con?
Int is needed for healing squires when fighting high AS bosses?

Magician build?
Int?Con?Mana?
My friend played mana base. He only has 60 hp. That's a 2 hit kill from the Forgotten one.

Berserker request: 2x Dagger with high AS/Critical
Crusader request: Two handed sheild as a form of both defense and attack

Description bug:
Ring of the wolf
Bugged:
+2 str
+1 armor

It is supposed to be:
+2 str
+1 armor
+25 hp

Reconcile

Reaction score
EDIT #2: When you talk to the blacksmith about the son for family bonds he says 'git his backside here' its 'get' xD I will be editing this post if I find any other small errors like this

EDIT #3: Whenever you get a quest it says "QUEST RECEIVED" Its spelled Recieved I am pretty sure :D

1) Like Zwieb said, it's a jargon that specific NPC's have. If you took the time to read ALL the text that NPC's have (Mostly the cutscenes), you would see this "medieval" type slang.

2) I am pretty sure you need to learn2English. I don't know how old you are, so I'm not going to make assumptions, but I learned in grade 2 in a regular Canadian education system that the rule is as follows...

"I before E, except after C". Except for "Weird", which is weird :)

Joccaren

Reaction score
"I before E, except after C". Except for "Weird", which is weird :)

Don't forget their, their doesn't follow that rule either.

Also, I'm hoping that the save/load codes in this are like kode and don't require game caches, just scramble the names or whatever into the code cause I had a level 7 squire with the best items I could find (The helmet, chainmail, The best Sword, The steel sheild thing and the gloves of health thing) and had bought the Bleed attack thing but I stuffed up in wirtting my code. Maybe you guys could tell me what I did wrong? (I'll PM you the code if you agree to help)

Anyway, great game. You couldn't solo this in any less than five hours from start to end with no code, the bosses are just to powerful, but it all makes the game more fun.

Also, when and where are people hosting this, I can't find a game anywhere :(

Jming

Reaction score
We are playing at garena , im trying to recruit people to make up a clan
Best items i can find :
Tanker Squire (lvl 22)
-Protector blade (+9 dmg , +2 armor)
-Steel sheild (+50 hp ,+2 armor, + 1 str)
-Steel gaunlet (+2 amor , +1% evasion)
-Gnoll helmet (+5 armor +2 str +10hp)
-Steel plate (+8 armor)

Fighter Squire (lvl 15)
-Magnus right hand (+5% critical +8 dmg +15% AS +2 armor +3 int)
-Sickle (+4% critical +4 dmg +15% AS)

Tank build (lvl22)
12 to str
9 to cons
2 to agility
Current hp : 335 (With best equips)
Dmg : 26-28 + (14)
Def : 17

Fighter build (lvl15)
8 to str
7 to agility
Current hp : 175 (With best equips)
Dmg : 20-22 + (13)
Def : 17

Fighter build seems weak. There is never a critical.

Reconcile

Reaction score
Jming,

I'm pretty sure Zwieb has designed this game so that there is no "best gear", but there is a LOT of variation to pick from - Maybe not too much at this point and time, since its still in Alpha -!

With that said, I can tell you right now that that is not the "best" gear in the game currently. The Ancient One and the Protector (The two bosses of the 2nd dungeon) both drop better quality gear than some of the items you listed.

And as for builds, agility isn't necessary as a tank. Your gear will provide you with minimal amounts, but because it requires a hefty amount of agility to improve your crit a worthwhile amount, just sticking with strength and constitution as a tank would be much more beneficial to you and your group (Not dying!)

Oh, and before the release of new content, I had a squire at 420 hp :)! Gotta love Confidence Aura!

Jming

Reaction score
Reconcile can you name me the items?

Between cons and agility , many may choose cons.
Thats right , agility aren't beneficial. Together with confidence arua , lvl 22 squire would get 475 hp. Tanking 5-6 blows from boss ( turtle , 5 blows - protector , 6 blows - forgotten one, 6 blows )
Agility means only could tank 3-4 blows.

But who knows , the future berserker charactor requires high requirements of agility? (agility x str x physical = dmg ?)
Who knows, there might be a requirement stats needed to equip items.
Eg. Fast AS weapons would need agility.

Reconcile

Reaction score
I was regarding to ONLY Squires as TANKS, not DPS. As a Squire planning to go Zerker, I would most definitely go Strength and Agility, since mail gear has plenty of bonus Life! The more crit as a DPS, the merrier!

I don't recall the names exactly, but I believe "The Protector" drops a chest that has 12 armour and some other great stats. I think it has Scale in it, but like I said, don't recall it! And "The Ancient One" drops a mail accessory (Gauntlets) called Soldiers Gauntlets, which are also very good!

Jming

Reaction score
ic , i only got ritualist blade , magnus right hand , protector blade , ruined knife all swords lol.

Vamp1re

Reaction score
Vamp1ree in garena, in what room do u play? (i also try to search games in Azeroth witouth luck :S)

Joccaren

Reaction score
I'm Joccaren on U.S East, U.S West and Europe. I am on from 6:00pm - 9:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (For a reference, the time when I am posting this [for me] is 10:45)

BigBoo

Reaction score
Hi dude; first of all, your rpg is really awesome, one of the best orpg i've ever played too bad it's still alpha; anyway, really great work, keep it on!

And also, the map seems to bug with Thief class, when my friend wanted to buy some skills/items, it was dropping him from the game, it happened with bandana and with his 2000 gold skill.

Good luck; hope the next update will come soon ! ))

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
And also, the map seems to bug with Thief class, when my friend wanted to buy some skills/items, it was dropping him from the game, it happened with bandana and with his 2000 gold skill.
This doesn't sound like a bug to me, but rather like some problems with 3rd party tools, since nobody else ever had this problem ... :rolleyes:

Make sure you do not use any kind of cheating while playing Warcraft III ;)
Better for your reputation, too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.