Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Jming

Reaction score
We finished the new content today. And I can tell you the waiting time was so worth it ...
However, we still have to make some testing games to set up the proper mob balance.
I hope we can dish out the new version on saturday.

9.57 am yesterday.
nows about 12pm saturday in this forums

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I still have to wait for Muzzel and teh.fellow to get their arses online for the testing game ...:D

About the squire threat issue:

We've made two adjustments in order to improve squire aggro generation:

1) We changed the threat formula for heal spells. Overhealing does not generate threat anymore. You just get threat for what you heal. However, this does not change Divine Shield aggro generation, since divine shield does not really "heal" a target.
Btw, about the "creates reduced threat" issue on divine shield: This does NOT mean that the target of the spell generates less threat. It means that the shield spell itself creates less aggro for THE CLERIC than an ordinary heal. However, in comparison to heal, heal is still better, since it does not apply overheal threat.

2) The squire's new spell with this content upgrade is a shield slam styled knockback spell that creates a truckload of threat. Hopefully this will help the squire to be a better tank

It was never intended to make the squire a full fledged tank. When there will be advanced classes later, the Crusader (as squire evolve) gets most of the heavy tank abilities (such as aoe tank spells).
However, I agree that shield block could be improved in some way. Maybe I will change that passive to just increase evasion rate instead.

For the next version, we also generated a partial shadowmap (the full calculation of all doodads would take several days >_>). I hope muzzel could implement it into the map's w3x file somehow.
If they dont show up soon, we can not release today; if that happens, we will have to delay it until tomorrow (sunday).

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
The crusader IS the upgrade class.

Well ... I don't think we will make it on sunday. Fellow reported the testing results to me now, and I am not sure wether we will make it on sunday. However, monday, then. There will be a new quest to make up for that, though =)

Applejacked

Reaction score
Sunday...Monday.. :( Was hoping to be able to play it on the weekend now im going to have school and not a whole lot of time to be playing WC3. Owell it's worth the wait like you said. Also thanks for clearing up the whole aggro thing :D

Neogecko

Reaction score
ahh ok so 5 basic classes and each class has 2 upgrade classes wich will make 15 classes :D at first i thought u try to make 15 basic classes XD

benjamin987

Reaction score
how is it going with map?
15 base classes would be too much :D its like 3 kinds of tanks , 6 kinds of mages and so on?)

Belhalhar

Reaction score
how is it going with map?
15 base classes would be too much :D its like 3 kinds of tanks , 6 kinds of mages and so on?)
I'll just quote this from the old thread, this is the basic concept, zwiebels gotta say how many of the classes are still valid. The Hunter is obviously not because he's already in as a base class.

Planned heroes
Base classes: 2nd Class heroes:
Squire (Warrior type hero) ----> Crusader (Main tank), Berserker (melee damage)
Cleric (Healer/Caster type hero) ----> Archbishop (Main Healer), Monk (melee/heal hybrid)
Magician (Caster type hero) ----> Sorceror (Utility & damage), Conjurer (Damage spells)
Scout (Ranged type hero) ----> Hunter (Pet class), Druid (ranged/heal/damage hybrid caster)
Thief (Utility and melee damage hero) ----> Assassin (melee damage), Bard (Utility and buffs)
Source:http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119505
Belhalhar

Jming

Reaction score
what is utility?

Sorceror (Utility & damage)
Thief (Utility and melee damage hero)

Reconcile

Reaction score
Utility means a class that has spells, abilities, etc that benefit not just themselves.

For instance, the thief has an ability that lowers a targeted opponents armour, therefore increasing overall DPS done by all members to it.

So the thief, and only the thief, holds the ability, but it benefits everyone.

Belhalhar

Reaction score
code wipe

will the code be reset since the level bug had been solved?
Edit: was too slow.
Yes. All codes from older versions are invalid now.
<rant mode>
Zwiebel also used this to reduce the XP and gold gained, so that we can farm more. Furthermore the white items in the new area are on par with blue drops from the first instance, so you don't have to bother going there more than once.
</rant mode>

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
<rant mode>
Zwiebel also used this to reduce the XP and gold gained, so that we can farm more. Furthermore the white items in the new area are on par with blue drops from the first instance, so you don't have to bother going there more than once.
</rant mode>
This was a necessary change. The XP curve went WAY to high in the higher levels. We had this situation, that you almost got 50% exp to next level per mob in the new dungeon. Also, you might understand that a change in gold income was needed in order to work with the new backpack system.

Belhalhar

Reaction score
Farming

Also, you might understand that a change in gold income was needed in order to work with the new backpack system.

You reduced to gold income so that we have to roll greed on any white drop to see who may sell it? Making people farm is not a good idea in my opinion, you only need that if you get something per minute your map is played, and as you aren't Blizzard, you don't, so whats your gain from making us farm?
Additionaly if you don't add any kind of attrition, gold will stay to worthless as soon as one has bought all new spells. It will pile up again, so in order to still force us to farm, you'll either have to enter a new price dimension every time you update the map, or just reset the gold.

Belhalhar

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.