Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You reduced to gold income so that we have to roll greed on any white drop to see who may sell it? Making people farm is not a good idea in my opinion, you only need that if you get something per minute your map is played, and as you aren't Blizzard, you don't, so whats your gain from making us farm?
Additionaly if you don't add any kind of attrition, gold will stay to worthless as soon as one has bought all new spells. It will pile up again, so in order to still force us to farm, you'll either have to enter a new price dimension every time you update the map, or just reset the gold.

Belhalhar
... or I simply make higher level spells more expensive than those Riversdale vendor ones o_O'... you think very one-dimensional. Have you really thought all spells in the game will cost 250g?

Reconcile

Reaction score
Agreed! I for one have been on here about 5 times today just to see if the post has been updated! Even though there had to be a code wipe, I'm super stoked to play the new content!

Jming

Reaction score
if we are to conclude that they are americans , the map should be up hours ago. but it seems that its delayed. SIGH

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
New version 2-11-09!

New features:
- brand new area with loads of new items, monsters, one new spell per class and 7 new quests
- Several bugfixes (also concerning save/load system)
- New dungeon: Caverns of Tranquility.
- Now features custom music tracks
- altered XP and Gold progress curve for a more balanced gameplay
- new chat command: -music toggles the custom music
- now with (partial) calculated shadowmap
- However, because of the fixed save/load bugs, we had to do another code wipe this version ... We try not to let that happen again in the future

A post with a better description of the map, such as a version with some additional music tracks will be added tomorrow.

Joccaren

Reaction score
Woohoo. The updates here. Gonna download and start playing now!

Jming

Reaction score
Epic Gnoll Seargant chased me all the way to dungeon 2. OMG it bugged me , and i can't sleep. Epic bug.
The squire's buckler has some description problems. Damage too low.

questions:
When and where to advance to second class?
New skills for second class?

Reconcile

Reaction score
If you read the original post, it still says 5/15 classes playable. Which means the new classes aren't out yet!

Oh, and I like the fact that you put random bits of life on gear! Nice not to have to pile points in to constitution when you're not a tank!

And intro to "The Ancient One" is excellent, but the sound cuts out a bit earlier than the video streams!

bob_guy

Reaction score
BTW:
We are also looking for a decently-skilled JASSer.
You do not need to be a total JASS-Crack ... it's enough if you are a fast learner and can use (and adapt) the systems that are already implemented to the map (like the quest system, AI System, etc.).

What you need to know to fit the requirements:
- Basics of Attaching via Hashtables
- how to use PUI Structs and PUI properties (Textmacros)
- what leaks are and how to prevent them
- Basic understanding of structs and methods
- the basics of writing efficient code

Hello, I have been playing this for a couple of weeks and would like to program some JASS for the map. I am usually available on weekday nights and weekend mornings, and I am a fast learner.

Applejacked

Reaction score
Add me on US east 'Applejacked' if your interested in playing any time just message me

EDIT: The mapsize is 7.2MB and its only got maby 4-5 hours of content? Reduce it somehow please?

EDIT #2: When you talk to the blacksmith about the son for family bonds he says 'git his backside here' its 'get' xD I will be editing this post if I find any other small errors like this

EDIT #3: Whenever you get a quest it says "QUEST RECEIVED" Its spelled Recieved I am pretty sure

Jming

Reaction score
Does the code of user <ABC> can be used for the user <AB> ?
Applejack, i play in garena :/ . code doesn't apply to my bnet account i think

Ebisu

Reaction score
Where do you guys play on garena?
Im a llevel 10 cleric, and i can't find anyone who plays it.
I really dont want to restart over and over each game.

Jming

Reaction score
Ebisu , do come to TD RM 1 singapore room , im hosting it now.
or even island defense room , our created room for some random games

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.