Game Fuel Config on DLink Router

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Ok, so my friend is having trouble configuring the GameFuel settings on his new DLink router.

GameFuel.jpg

Basically, he's having questions on what you put in for Source IP Range, Source Port Range, Destination IP Range, and Destination Port Range.

So really, he wants to know what you would enter for that. We have a pretty good idea of what goes there, but don't want to do anything yet until we know what to do.

We've looked through the manual and online help but it hasn't really given any specific thing, so we thought we'd try here. The main games he wants to have this configured for is Steam. More specifically Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat.

So, anyone have any ideas?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
depends on how many computers are using the router.
The IP Range is pretty much an number of endings for 192.168.1.xyx
when the router is restarted it automatically assigns each client a specific IP with 192.168.1.xyx.
If you have four computers you can make it 1to4 and then it wont go off giving one of your computers something like 192.168.1.2312 which makes it easier to manage.
and then there should be a place that says Lease Time, which should have options like 30min, 60min, 120min, Forever.
You should set that to forever then it will set an ip range for each computer and never change it. If you don't make it forever then you will have toconstantly change the ending of your forwarded ports just as your router assigns new ones.

Bah that was a lot...and i don't make sense a lot. :banghead:

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the reply, but that's not exactly what we were looking for. :eek:

GameFuel is a built-in setting on my friends router where it hypothetically decreases your ping, but you need to have it individually set up for each application.

We were just wondering what goes in for the Source and Destination fields.

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
Although I've never heard of gamefuel, the only possible things the ip source / destination could be is the internal ip address of the computer, and the ip address of steam. I'm guessing source would be the internal ip address?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
yea i think so too, that's what i sid, ortried to say in my post ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.