Games Constantly Crashing

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The whole inside is covered in layers of dust. Definitely going to clean it out and see if that helps at all.

Also, everything is at the default. No overclocking done. :D

Ok, specifically dust on the heatsink and or fan is what you should try to get rid of.

Keep us posted on if it helped or not.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Tip: Leaving the case open, and having a living room fan blowing at the motherboard helps.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Well cleaning it out seems to have dropped the heat (30C on the GPU. o_o), so I guess it's fixed (for now).

:D

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Well cleaning it out seems to have dropped the heat (30C on the GPU. o_o), so I guess it's fixed (for now).

:D

It's not that surprising actually. For example, i have a Dual Core Intel CPU and the stock fan is just a vacuum for dust. Every 2-3 months i have to clean it otherwise my temperatures rise astronomically, and my computer just shuts down. Make sure you do periodic cleanings inside you're computer every once in a while (at least the CPU fan). When cleaning you should avoid using any sort of vacuum device or a rag. The best thing you can clean with is a hard tipped paint brush (a thick and thin ones would do wonders). Hopefully there won't be more crashes ^^

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Or you can try a commercial compressed air canister you see in hardware stores.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I used. Friend of mine said to use it, since anything else could miss some of the dust.

Worked wonderfully.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I'm sorry to step in like this after the problem is already solved but I just can't help myself here.

@Lyerae: You should be lucky your GPU did not turn into a piece of charcoal with those temps. I have had capacitors exploding in my power supply at 80 degrees. I check my computer for dust every 3months and sometimes more often just because I can't be careful enough with my comp, I suggest you do the same from now on.

Tip: Leaving the case open, and having a living room fan blowing at the motherboard helps.
It can help when you don't have a fan at all in the computer, if you have all fans working correctly then it is best to keep the case closed since opening it will ruin the airflow:thdown:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.