Garet10 July Questions

garet10

Reaction score
If my unit has 1 attack and the other unit has 2 armor. Will I do 1 damage?

How does armor work against attack?

Can someone link the 2 following in here also?
I need the Link for Item Combination & Item Stacking

Does speed add to damage? I want to make a unit with 10000 life and I want my unit to hit them for 1 damage. How can I do this?

Is there a way to Show in Numbers above the unit of how many Hit Points they have left?

Lastly How can you make a game that when you make new/more units to remove the shadow, ratter then deleting the shadow in the unit editor?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> If my unit has 1 attack and the other unit has 2 armor. Will I do 1 damage?

2 armor provides around 10-15% damage reduction normally, so it should do 1 damage most of the time. If you have modified your armor damage reduction values, then I can't tell.

> How does armor work against attack?

Armor types or damage reduction provided by armor?

> Does speed add to damage?

Speed? you mean movement speed? If you mean attack speed, then, well, it doesn't add *directly* to damage, but it does in terms of damage per second. More attacks means more damage in the long term, though strictly the attacks are not more powerful.

> Is there a way to Show in Numbers above the unit of how many Hit Points they have left?

Floating text. Display (Integer to String): Real(Life of unit)

garet10

Reaction score
> If my unit has 1 attack and the other unit has 2 armor. Will I do 1 damage?

2 armor provides around 10-15% damage reduction normally, so it should do 1 damage most of the time. If you have modified your armor damage reduction values, then I can't tell.

> How does armor work against attack?

Armor types or damage reduction provided by armor?

> Does speed add to damage?

Speed? you mean movement speed? If you mean attack speed, then, well, it doesn't add *directly* to damage, but it does in terms of damage per second. More attacks means more damage in the long term, though strictly the attacks are not more powerful.

> Is there a way to Show in Numbers above the unit of how many Hit Points they have left?

Cool thanks.:thup:

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Displaying the life of a unit above its head might look awkward though. Your call. ;)

Oh and, I don't understand your final question.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
In the last one, there is no way. You just have to make all units used in your map have no shadows in the object editor. Units generated with the Object Merger will have to have their shadows removed in the generator line.

garet10

Reaction score
Displaying the life of a unit above its head might look awkward though. Your call. ;)

Oh and, I don't understand your final question.

Now it shows the number of life above their head does it also change when they get damaged?

Is there a way to make 1 unit attack another then turn both units into something else?

Footman attacks dragon kills both and creates a dragon rider? nvm I got it it works.

garet10

Reaction score
Help with the Trigger?

How do you set this up?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
The action is under floating text. You have to use the function "Conversion - _______".

There are numerous conversions, so just pick what you want (in this case Integer to string I think).

madd_999

Reaction score
it becous you tell it needs to put it there,
you're using
floating text - create floating text at point

try using
floating text - create floating text above unit instead

and its also in map init so it will create it once and thats it..

let it make the text every second with 1 second fade time.. that way every second the text will be updated.

garet10

Reaction score
do I put last created unit or I want it over all my units. Every time I make a unit I want them to have a separate name thing. and How can you update their life ? Ok forget that one, How can I make it show their Hit Point above them?

garet10

Reaction score
do I put last created unit or I want it over all my units. Every time I make a unit I want them to have a separate name thing. and How can you update their life ? Ok forget that one, How can I make it show their Hit Point above them?
refresh

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
showing the hitpoints via floating texts will take up alot of performance because alot of floating text which needs alot of updates is needed here.

basically what you do is following:
every time a unit enters the playable map area (given the chance that you never let a unit leave the playable map area and enter it again) you create a floating text for the unit.
then you need to save that floating text into a hashtable with the owning units handle as parameter.
in the end you need a trigger running permanently iterating through all units on the map and updating the text of the floating text matching their handle id to the current hitpoints of them.

Eskemoenn

Reaction score
Well i was bored, so i made a HP above head for you, not sure that it works like you want it... But here you go anyways :)

Attachments

• LifeAboveHead.w3x
    17.8 KB · Views: 135

garet10

Reaction score
wth I ask a question and yu just repeated what I wrote. it's nothing about movement. How is damage compaired to Armor, 1 attack/damage 10 Armor, My unit has 100 life. Will my unit take 1 hit point off?

garet10

Reaction score
Quote Originally Posted by Daxtreme ok, Originally???

Mine is typed differently and at a different time. over 1000, it should be onver 9000 by now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.