Getting kill bounties to work?

B

Braydo25

I was wondering how you get kill bountys to work? where you kill a unit and a number pops up next to their dead body, like +20 or +422 or something and you get that amount of gold? I thought you would just put in the amount for the kill bounty for the unit your going to kill in the object editor, but that doesnt work. Or do I have to make some triggers for it using the values of bounty from the units?

B

Braydo25

Thanks, but Its still not working. I put it in the map init trigger, should it be somewhere else?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Those unit bounties in the object editor are for Neutrals only I think. Not sure if you can activate it for other player units with a setting, but you could trigger it. Like for 1 specific team,
Code:
Events
   Unit - <generic> unit (dies)
Conditions
   (Owner) of (Triggering unit) Equal to (PLAYER)
Actions
   Game - Add (#) to ((Owner) of (Killing unit) Gold
   Floating Text - Show...

This was just made from my memory so it could have some incorrect stuff... The Conditions could be changed to all players or whatever you want. For the floating text thing, I don't know how to convert the number given to a string for it to show... ask someone, lol.

EDIT: Ok, didn't see that.

To your question: it doesn't really matter what trigger. A trigger is yours to delete, make, and customize. Initialization is just the name for the trigger they used with those actions.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Player Group - Pick every player and do (multiple actions)
loop
Player - Turn Gives bounty On for picked player
thats a trigger. you edit the amount in the object editor on the unit itself

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.