Glivee's Random Illustrations

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
Here are some random made illustrations using my pen and some immagination.

Some are requests from friends, some are just made up!

Enjoy~

This first one is made for a friend. He wanted to have the Tier 1 Rogue Shoulders equipped ;) I know it says Tier 2!
2hoi7ma.jpg

This is just a random Nightelf warrior :)
34t5wn6.jpg

A Nightelf female showing some Skin [ Nude Content ]
15ayk5.jpg

Just a Warlock searching some old book for new findings regarding dark and powerful spells ;)
r22bd2.jpg

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
Btw, feel free to comment if i need to practise on anything or just any toughts on these pics :)

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
comment if i need to practise on anything

We all need practice on everything. An artist is never perfect :)

I think you have some skill with these, but you need to take care for human anatomy (especially the hands like in the warlock). i would also recommend you try crosshatching as a shading method, as it looks much better with sketchy drawings like you have. The smoother shading is good for pieces that you are taking a long time and effort in rendering fully. Cross hatching you can use even with detailed, finished drawings. It's the method I frequently use and I would highly recommend it.

For the human anatomy, try doing some quick figure studies. I like setting a 1-2 min timer and quite quickly shaping the body. These will help you sketch more effectively. Also, some more detailed drawings of body parts would be useful (like hands. I've drawn so many singular hands and it has helped me quite a bit).

Keep it up though! An artist is never done learning and only gets better with practice, not time.

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips and yes i know. I always get the anatomy wrong. I dont know how many times ive said to myself that i should get one of those wooden dolls to train myself:p

As for the crosshatching, i dont know but i havnt really liked that since i started drawing. Alltough i use it on some occassions but yeah, i admitt, i often go with the smudge since its easier just putting your finger there ( Can get tricky sometimes since my fingers are not that small anymore to shade small areas ).

Thanks alot for the comments though!

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
i should get one of those wooden dolls to train myself

TBH it's better to draw from pictures of people than the dolls because actual people have more parts that affect their anatomy (weight, age, ect.) that the psoing dolls don't represent. Yes, they are good for quick referencing, but that's if you have a good understanding of anatomy to begin with.

As for the crosshatching, i dont know but i havnt really liked that since i started drawing.

It's a personal preference, but I like it because it's much faster than smudging, though if you smudge careful with using your finger as the oils from your hand can cause problems with that. Try to buy some Q-tips and use those. They work a lot better and you can use the side for larger smudging or the tip for smaller areas.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
The groove by the right eye on the face seems too deep to me, I think. And where did the hair and the rest of her face go on the left side, ha? Like by the forehead area on the left side.

Looks cool so far. What color is that?

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
The groove by the right eye on the face seems too deep to me, I think. And where did the hair and the rest of her face go on the left side, ha? Like by the forehead area on the left side.

Looks cool so far. What color is that?

I just adjusted it some in PS using the "Curves"-tool to sharpen the contrast.

Newest update:

2wndbn4.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.