TD Gods Hands

worldofDeath

Reaction score
Gods Hand.

BackGround

I have been working on this for about 6 weeks. Thinking about it for about 3 months. And decided to create it. I have some very good experience with GUI triggers and SLOWLY learning jass.

Game Play

The game play is simple. This is a td type map. The objective like in all maps is to make sure that you don’t lose all your lives.

How every thing works
Well in this game, you do not use towers to fight off the creeps (as some would put it)

Just the simple click of your mice on the unit kills them.
Later you can upgrade your click damage or make a radius out of it.

You will also be able to use coustom made(triggerd spells) to kill the extra creeps that you cant kill or are going to fast.

And also buy rocks/other objects to block the creeps/slow them down.

Fet/Modes
MODES
-Hero Fight-You can play with a coustom made hero to kill off the creeps each level.
-Old Td-Just do plain old simple towers
-Crazy Mode- to see who gets the most kills within a limited time. Mobs will spwn all over map. And must kill them to get more kills then others.
-Team play - all defend the same goal.
-Home Builder-Build your own base. And make units/towers to kill off the incoming mobs. But the mobs will attack the base you built. So make sure you have some towers to fight off the mobs while your building.
-Normal Mode - Click to kill the creeps you can build objects to block the creeps, and you can create a hero to help fight. And you can buy creeps to help you fight the incoming creeps.(New Added 11/6/07)
-Capture The Flag - This will probley be in the frist real version that comes out. What happens is you will start off with a small unit this unit will start to walk to the oppiste side of field to get to the flag during this time there will be random creeps made in this area. Trying to kill you as you get the flag. Whoever gets the most flags back to there base in time will win the game.(New Added 11/6/07)

-MORE WILL COME LATER AS I THINK ABOUT MORE OF THEM(Plez suggest more choses)
Fet.

-4 songs to chose(Taken Out)
-MORE LATER(plez suggest more stuff)
-Bank ablility to save money in the bank and get intrust
-Objects can be build. For some money that is.
- all Coustom made heros. 3 normal moves and one ultra.(New Added 11/6/07)

Whats done?

Terrian-90%( i think ill make it a little better)
Sound-5%(Takeing out of wc3 sounds so dosts take any room.)
Triggers-20%
Units-5%(only got to level 6 done)
Spells-0%
Game modes in?-0%
Objects-3%(These are what will block the creaps)
Multi board to show kills/damage of click/mana of spell master/Life-100%

Hope to finsh a beta version by atleast dec or start of new year.

Week of November 6 ,2007
Terrian-96%( i think ill make it a little better)
Sound-45%(Takeing out of wc3 sounds so dosts take any room.)
Triggers-67%
Units-9%(only got to level 12 done)
Spells-0%
Game modes in?-3%
Objects-23%(These are what will block the creaps)
Multi board to show kills/damage of click/mana of spell master/Life-100%

Added:4/14/07
Bank ablility to save money in the bank and get intrust
-Little more imporvment on whats done-

Added: New screen shots! 11/11/07

This is just the start. Much more to it. Something you dont like tell me.( something in the images you want diffrent?)

A SMALL BETA IS OUT!! PLAY IT!!! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Rember this is small im going to realse it around december but i want to ask if people think i should cont makeing it. REMBER JUST A SMALL BETA. not every thing works yet.

Attachments

• Gods Hand Small Beta on helper.w3x
    257.8 KB · Views: 315

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Wow, it is never before seen.
I laughed when i saw the "simple click of your mice on the unit kills them" because it reminded me of a flash game that used the same thing.

I would like to see this map,

i imagine at later levels, if radius is increases, that means more mobs will come, which equals lag >_<

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Actually I think I've seen this somewhere. It is also a TD with the click concept. I don't see how this is still considered a TD though. It is now just like a mini-game.

worldofDeath

Reaction score
Wow, it is never before seen.
I laughed when i saw the "simple click of your mice on the unit kills them" because it reminded me of a flash game that used the same thing.

I would like to see this map,

i imagine at later levels, if radius is increases, that means more mobs will come, which equals lag >_<

I hope to make it at later levels just to make the mobs extremly strong but only keep a only a small amout of them around.

Actually I think I've seen this somewhere. It is also a TD with the click concept. I don't see how this is still considered a TD though. It is now just like a mini-game.

Well i am going to make this a td type make bec. there will be an option to just do old td. So keeping it as a td would work best.

S

Siridon

I've seen it before to, in a map called King of the Hill, I believe. It was extraordinarily similar, but had a castle which the creeps destroyed, instead of lives, and further, it didn't have that cool sounding blocking system of putting rocks in the way of helpless creeps ^^. And the players sent creeps against each other in KotH I believe. Or maybe it was called something else... Either way, sounds like a good idea, but yeah, how IS it considered a TD :p Maybe the player has one tower which you can upgrade in a certain way to give a stronger click attack, radius etc.

This sounds very interesting though, good luck with it, I look forward to seeing Gods Hand come down from the heavens and onto Bnet :D

S

Siridon

Ha...and there it is. I knew it was King of something :p

Check it out anyway, see how they did it, and if you are gonna do it differently...

WindexGlow

Reaction score
I like the idea of this game, but I haven't read too many of the comments, so sorry if this is stated.

Perhaps have different upgrades of the clicks, possibly special. Such as a limited amount of infernal strike clicks.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
-4 songs to chose
100kb per song (or less), or I am not even gonna bother:
- takes up valuable space
- increases download time
- some of us listen to our own tunes.

coustom made(triggerd spells)
If something can be done via abilities, use that first. Saves you time.

Game mode:
-team play - all defend the same goal.

A very nice idea. Looking for more progress. :)

master maste

Reaction score
150 levels wow. . . well thats the figure I came up with when I saw that you said 4% of units done and that was only up to level 6 . . . 150 levels could take a long time.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Clicking defence maps get boring quick easily, because most of them require a fair amount of tapping, and your wrist can't take it =/

esb

Reaction score
Clicking defence maps get boring quick easily, because most of them require a fair amount of tapping, and your wrist can't take it =/

Yes, that's probably true, a lot of clicking to do to get to level 150. hhmm... There should be something else to it, to make it less boring.

Take a look, this is the game that i said reminded me of it.
"Defend the Castle"

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
it's just like D-Fense, the game, but in WC3 format. There is more than just clicking, there are purchaseable spells and mazing devices and click upgrades. I think it is a spectacular Ideer

worldofDeath

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all your post and OP. I have never seen/played king of the hill. But i did hear about it but dint think it was a click type map ill play that when i get home.
100kb per song (or less), or I am not even gonna bother:
- takes up valuable space
- increases download time
- some of us listen to our own tunes.

If something can be done via abilities, use that first. Saves you time.

Game mode:
-team play - all defend the same goal.

A very nice idea. Looking for more progress. :)

Yes i haven figuerd out if i will have music probley not as you pointed out.

I hope to have atleast 10 Abilities that can be used. And be able to upgrade at least to level 10.

And about the click thing after levels it will get dull.

I will see what i can do to mix it up a little to not get dull

M

Marduke

Thank you guys for all your post and OP. I have never seen/played king of the hill. But i did hear about it but dint think it was a click type map ill play that when i get home.

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=104

"Your castle is under attack and you must defend it. Play an all out total war by defending off your castle from intruders, and attempt to ruin your enemies castle by sending your forces to attack.

But this isn't no regular defense map. You must click the units to kill them. You can research new weapons at your arcane that will do more damage and have different effects to units.
You can also train wizards,archers peasants and construct a guard tower to help defend your castle."

Tonks

Reaction score
Just as a heads-up, it's been done, so you can't say it's never been done before. :)

Leo

Reaction score
Perhaps instead of just clicking to kill you modify it.

There was an old java game i loved. In it your castle was under attack, you killed the attackers by picking them up and dropping them to their deaths. Perhaps if you could somehow implement this. Instead of just clicking guys you pick them up and throw them in the pit of death or something.

esb

Reaction score
Perhaps instead of just clicking to kill you modify it.

There was an old java game i loved. In it your castle was under attack, you killed the attackers by picking them up and dropping them to their deaths. Perhaps if you could somehow implement this. Instead of just clicking guys you pick them up and throw them in the pit of death or something.

This is the game your are talking about
Castle Defense

I agree, pure clicking doesn't require skills, theres programs called auto clickers, that click insanely, and ta-da, you win :p

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.