Green Icon Problem

exrio

Reaction score
I'm new but I'm reading some tutorials and post, my problem is in my hero tavern while the heroes are still loading my custom icon on a hero becomes green and after loading it will show the right icon and also when I choose that hero when I pause the game the icon of the hero becomes green, this is the path of my custom icons.

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNOdst.blp

and

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNOdst.blp

I think I put it correctly the problem is the disabled icon won't show and appears as green.

Any thoughts anyone?

exrio

Reaction score
Well im still in the test so this is my first import icon, have 3 heroes in the tavern 2 of them are in the world editor list, btw i got this image at hiveworkshop and open it with the blp viewer and works fine.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
A lot of games with custom models/skins/items/icons show to the player of the hero that has it but if another player clicks the hero its green, this is probably because the tavern isnt owned by someone so NO ONE can see.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you mean? it happen to mine too, when my hero is not in range of the shop(with item with custom icon).

this thead is over a month old, instead of necromancing you should attempt creating a new thread for this.

and to answer your question, the icon is becoming green when the needed data is not given. an icon in wc3 does not consist only of a single bitmap but of multiple ones, one for every circumstance. have a look at this turtorial, look what different kind of icon variations there are and look out for the one you are missing with your custom icon.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Just to solve the topic anyway, when the filepaths are correct and it's still not appearing, it's probably because of an extra " "(Space) at the end. This is pretty common if you copy and paste the path from the webpage itself.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.