Hardened Skin - Stackable?

Anything.

Reaction score
If you don't know, Hardened Skin is a Mountain Giant's ability which allows the unit to resist some of the enemy's attack. When looking at the skill in WorldEditor, however, it shows that you have a percentage chance to resist damage and it allows you to resist some damage.

I want to know if I give two versions of this spell to a unit, say one has a 10% chance to resist 100000 damage and the other has a 50% chance to increase the damage taken by 15, will the two effects stack and give an individual chance for each attack to give one of the two effects?

Since I don't know how to test for this... Well, it's pretty self-explanatory.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... Check out the Math Formulas tutorial. It talks about the percentages for stacking abilities like evasion. It's probably the same for hardened skin.

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
Simple way to test is make a unit with 10 attack. Give a target unit 2 different hardened skin abilities that each reduce damage by 5, with the minimum as 0. If he takes 5 damage, it doesn't. 0 damage = yes. If it stacks, just apply your actual values. Be sure to use 100% chance to proc.

I guess you could try using triggers or something. I'm not sure if there is something that picks a random number, but I'm pretty sure there is. Just have it do something like this:

A unit is attacked
Unit = (Unit you are using)
pick a number between 1-100. If 1-50, deal 15 damage to attacked unit.

Thats just a wild guess, I currently don't have my WE available right now, just trying to help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.