Hastable - I need your explanation

Klein~

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I wanted to use hashtable to make one skill able to be cast by more than one unit and works correctly.

But I can't figure out how to store values and load these values in order to make it works correctly everytime the ability is cast twice.

maxou

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Describe your skill, because the use of the hashtable will depend of the spell and what you want to do with it.

Klein~

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ok.

After the skill is cast there is a trigger that stores the unit into hashtable as (Variable + 1). Then there is another trigger(periodic timer event) that picks this unit and I add, for this unit, a random value, and this value will be decrease by 1 every time this periodic trigger runs until zero. After this value is zero I clear the place in hashtable that this unit is stored in.
The hashtable itself works, but my triggers isn't all right. When another unit uses this ability the timer resets.

I would like to know one way to stores many values and use them by their stored order. When the (Variable + 1) is changed the value isn't the same anymore so I would like to know how to work with many values and set diferent timer for each of them. Thanks.

maxou

Reaction score
Well, you only want a timer that works for every different unit once at a moment and not multiple time for one unit, so I guess you can do this way:
Do not save the unit, but the timer [so an Integer, the random value you want to save] as 1 of (Unit) in (Hashtable) when the spell is being casted.
Create an UnitGroupe variable. (Assume you called it Unit_Group_Timer)
When the unit cast the spell, add it into Unit_Group_Timer, then, with your second trigger, simply run a (Pick every unit in Unit_Group_Timer)
and decrease the Integer of 1 saved as 1 of (Picked unit) in (Hashtable), and if it reachs 0, then, remove the unit from Unit_Group_Timer, that should satisfy you I hope, else, I'll try finding another solution :)

Klein~

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Nvm, I just changed save interger to real and it's ok now.

My new problem is just retard, but I can't figure out what is wrong:

Trigger:
  • Frost2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in FrostBolts and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 19.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 100.00 of (Position of (Picked unit))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True
                  • ((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of FrostTriggeringPlayer) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Matching unit), dealing 10.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Cold
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                  • Unit Group - Add (Matching unit) to ColdSlowGroup
                • Else - Actions
                  • Do nothing

As you can see, the picked units moves but the other part isn't working.
I tried this and still not working:
Trigger:
  • Frost2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 19.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 100.00 of (Position of (Picked unit))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl

maxou

Reaction score
Try to change the units at this, create a variable of type Unit named Picked_Unit.

Trigger:
  • Frost2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Loop - Actions
    • set Picked_Unit = (Picked Unit)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 100.00 of (Position of (Picked_Unit))) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • If - Conditions
    • ((Picked Unit) is alive) Equal to True
    • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of FrostTriggeringPlayer) Equal to True
    • Then - Actions
    • Unit - Cause (Picked_Unit) to damage (Picked Unit), dealing 10.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Cold
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked_Unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
    • Unit Group - Add (Picked Unit) to ColdSlowGroup
    • Else - Actions
    • Do nothing

Fact is if you don't use variable it "sucks" a little bit. Because picking unit inside picked units doesn't work that good. Be careful between "Picked_Unit" and "Picked Unit" it should work in my opinion, if not, let me know :)

Klein~

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
It's really annoying, I kept trying to make it work:

Trigger:
  • Frost2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 100.00 of (Position of (Picked unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of FrostTriggeringPlayer) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Picked unit) is in PauseFrostGroup) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Hashtable - Save 60.00 as 2 of (Key (Picked unit)) in GlobalHashtable
                • Else - Actions
                  • Hashtable - Save 60.00 as 2 of (Key (Picked unit)) in GlobalHashtable
                  • Unit - Cause (Load 1 of CasterInterger in GlobalHashtable) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (100.00 + ((Real((Intelligence of Caster (Include bonuses)))) x 2.20)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Cold
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
                  • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to ColdSlowGroup
                  • Hashtable - Save 0.50 as 3 of (Key (Picked unit)) in GlobalHashtable
                  • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to PauseFrostGroup

Klein~

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
It's very annoying to use World Editor sometimes lol...

I used this to refer casting unit in other skills but this:

Trigger:
  • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Casting unit) as 3 of CasterInterger in GlobalHashtable

isn't working now... -.-

Edit: It's "working". I set to game text the name of the casting unit and it is right, but I'm refering other triggers with the position of this unit and does not refers to his position.

maxou

Reaction score
To refer to the point, you have to use something like :
Order (Unit) to Move to (Position of (Load 3 of CasterInteger in GlobalHashtable))
Dunno what "CasterInteger" refers to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.