Having difficulties setting up LAN games on WC3?

HG-Bonfire

Reaction score
My friend an I have been having difficulties getting our two computers to communicate for WC3. I'm using his laptop, and he is using his desktop computer. The odd thing is that when I create a map, he is able to see it, but when he clicks to join it disappears, and when he creates a map, I can't even see it. The LAN works fine for SC, but for some reason we can't connect for WC3.

Can anybody help with this?

edit: Oh, and just to make things weirder... Apparently we can join eachothers games, as long as they are the premade games that come with WC3, but cannot join eachothers games if the game is custom made (I've been trying to allow him to test out a map I've been making)

LocalDude

Reaction score
the only thing i can think of is the firewall blocking it but why it lets the original maps through i don´t no, hope it helps.

HG-Bonfire

Reaction score
I don't usually bump threads that are still on the first page, but it's been atleast a couple weeks without much response.

To reiterate, my friend and I are trying to play a custom game I made on an LAN connection. Oddly enough, we can connect perfectly when we try to play a Blizzard created melee map, but when we try to connect to a User created map, it either doesn't show up on the screen or we get an error that says "Unable to join game" after a good 2-3 minutes of the screen freezing after clicking on the game.

What should I be checking here? I am thoroughly stumped here... :confused:

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
If the problem is only with custom maps, this may be an issue with downloading the custom made map. Try manually transferring the map over to the other computer in the maps/downloads folder and see if that works. If not, try putting it in the main maps folder instead of the downloads folder.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.