Help regarding My asus g71gx

oorosco

Reaction score
My asus g71gx simply shutoff while playing warcraft three, as if somone had held the power button down for a few seconds (instantlY) then when i tried to reboot it started to start up for 2 seconds before it turned off again. When it turned off the second time it refused to turn back on for more thna 12 hours until i was told by best buy to power-cycle the laptop (unplug, take battery out, hold power button down for 30 sec and hook it up again and try starting it up) and it worked. Except the explanation they gave me of the firmware/bios being glitchy has got me worried because they said that if i hibernate a lot which i do, this hapepns sometimes, and this is no cause for alarm. And yet i've never had a laptop which i never turned off for several months at a time do this, and also the way they talked about it it seemed as if this would happen when i hibernated and not when i was USING the computer. Can someone please confirm their theory or tell me what really happened and if there's need for concern? This is a 1.2k computer and it'd be nice to have it in working order for more than one year. Thanks!

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If if breaks, send it in for warranty. Just make sure that it wasn't something that you did.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.