help wanted

muchalive

Reaction score
HI i am an advanced warcraft 3 world editor user( not expert ). I was hoping to find someone that can help me with a 1 player mode campagn. The title of my game will be called! TIME LINE.

This campaign is about playing the role of a new time assistant. A time assistant basicly helps Father time with maintaning the balance of time. Along your training you by accident drop your time cepter after a having to leave in such a hurry. Time cepters are very useful to time assistants' but almost fatal in the wrong hands! after leaving the time cepter a king stumbles apon the cepter and takes it after his empire has been destroyed. In hopes of reclaiming his glory and saving his empire, the king plans on using the time septer to change time! now as the only one to save time form the kings curruption you must defeat the king and get the cepter at all costs!

How is it? plz post what you think about it. But there is one thing bothering me.... is there a way to send the map by email? :confused:

WilliamPa

Reaction score
Sounds kinda good campaign, i haven't made campaigns before, but i'm also pretty advanced map editor, but i still don't know how to use JASS etc...
You can send it by email, just attach it into it, i think email sites just prevent you from sending .exe files. BTW i think it's written 'Scepter'. So, i could help.

muchalive

Reaction score
sweet

sweet! there is something that i must know befor starting. I made 2 maps to test a problem that ive been having. I made a trigger to load another map after victory conditions but instead it takes me to the main menu of warcraft 3. I made a campaign and everything but it still dosn't work. think you could help me out?

muchalive

Reaction score
sweet! there is something that i must know befor starting. I made 2 maps to test a problem that ive been having. I made a trigger to load another map after victory conditions but instead it takes me to the main menu of warcraft 3. I made a campaign and everything but it still dosn't work. think you could help me out?
i will send you a sample of my work. this is the copy of my first lvl of this game.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
1) Don't double post. EDIT your post.

2) This sounds cool. But why is the time assistant so retarded. Just ask for help. Go back in time before he dropped it. :p

muchalive

Reaction score
Ty guys. the reson why the time assistant is so retarded by droping the time sceptor is becasue 1# something dangerous was happening and they had to leave quickly. 2# hes a noob who is in training :) O yeah and the reson why he cant simply go back in time is becasue the king who got the sceptor ravadged time, even the time world. you guys will be the first to see it as i progress in it. :p

muchalive

Reaction score
ty

thank you for the offer but i already got help.... well i think. the dude that is helping me seems to not log on to much. if he does not log on after a wile then ill gladly accept your offer. I hope hes working on it becasue ive already sent him a copy of my map :thdown:

muchalive

Reaction score
Ty guys. the reson why the time assistant is so retarded by droping the time sceptor is becasue 1# something dangerous was happening and they had to leave quickly. 2# hes a noob who is in training :) O yeah and the reson why he cant simply go back in time is becasue the king who got the sceptor ravadged time, even the time world. you guys will be the first to see it as i progress in it. :p

I have a question: how do you make abilities have special effects. like making abilities bounce, toss, freeze and make units run around in fear?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Uh... special effects? Effects are pieces of artwork, all they do is show up, they don't do anything.

Making abilities like that needs triggering (unless you find a base ability that works).

muchalive

Reaction score
Ipeez

ipeez, i have decided to let you help me with my map. Do you know how to make a movie? :shades:

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Sounds very original and cool. I'd help but I'm currently working on a project. As soon as I'm done, I'll email you. Hopefully, I'll be done by next week.

muchalive

Reaction score
help me howerd

i have a FAQ. how do you make a unit slide and and bounce after getting hit by a spell. like that game worlock? I also have another question. do you remember that game nations at war? well there was something cool that the creater did to the terrain. he made the water see through and units able to walk under it. amazing isn't it. :eek:

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I may not know about the transparent water and the underwater stuff, but I know how the bouncing was done. It's done by something called a Vector System. Ask about the, I may never figure them out. They are systems for calculating realistic bounces off of walls and floors in a map. I would help myself, but apparently my computer blocks all email, something about cookies. I set it to "Accept all cookies" but nothing works, so...good luck. Oh, and here's a fix for why he can't just ask to go back before he dropped it: Father Tiem is in a secret chamber that is only accessible by one who is holding a Time Scepter. I hope to try this out once you finish it!

muchalive

Reaction score
thanks for the post

thanks for the information. i did though figured out how the guy, super pole made that water feature. He cleverly increased the art scale value of the waterfall prop and placed it at the edge of the map. i was very impressed at the way he does his terrains. look for the game called nations at war or email superpole to see what i mean.

gMThunder

Reaction score
hey muchalive. that map sounds pretty awespme. hopefully i can play it sometime. copy or message me when you are done with it. =D

i also am advanced in world editor so if u neeed any help just message me or what not

muchalive

Reaction score
plz stand by

Thanks for the comment. I am waiting for someone to finish something that i needed for the map. i will message you if i do need assistance that the person helping me cant do. I hope i could actually finish a map :p i really wana start my next map idea that requires expert modders to do.The map is a recreation of the game called majesty. there will be some changes to make the game a massive multy player. that is all i can say now. i also would like to do another recreation of a good game called sacrifice. So if this game that im curently making turns out to be a o download game:D

muchalive

Reaction score
plz stand by

Thanks for the comment. I am waiting for someone to finish something that i needed for the map. i will message you if i do need assistance that the person helping me cant do. I hope i could actually finish a map :p i really wana start my next map idea that requires expert modders to do.The map is a recreation of the game called majesty. there will be some changes to make the game a massive multy player. that is all i can say now. i also would like to do another recreation of a good game called sacrifice. So if this game that im curently making turns out to be a o download game i will have some good back ups :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.