Help with a full hero :x

Kike

Reaction score
Hi!

I created an hero(in my mind XD) and I diceded to put him in an warcraft map, but I don't know how to use triggers :banghead: if anyone wants to help me creating the guy I'm posting the spells detail here :D
p.s the stats of the hero changes with one of his spells

Hero class: tanker/assassin
Strg: strong/weak
Agility: weak/strong
Hp: strong/weak
Msp: slow/fast
Asp: slow/fast
Admg: heavy/medium

Spell 1: Purgatorium

Description:
In fast combat: The hero throws two waves that hits 75/100/150/200 twice(one time per wave) and apply purge on hitted units for 2/4/6/8 seconds
In fighter combat: Creats an area of 500/600/700/800 units around the hero that hits 75/100/150/200 in all enemys inside it and apply purge for 2/4/6/8 seconds after the hit every time an unit receives a buff or debuff in this area he recives another purge, this AoE efect lasts for 3/5/7/10 seconds

P.s the animations are thunder based :D

Spell 2: Change fight style
This ability changes your way to fight, you can chose from a most tanky and fighter way to fight or a faster and skilled one. Also levelling up it you will recive stats based on each style: Fast: Gains 5/10/15/20% evasion, 15/25/35/45% Attack speed, 15/25/35/45% movement speed and 10/15/20/25 agi. Strong: Gains 30/50/70/100 Attack dmg 300/400/600/800 hp 15/30/45/60 def and 10/15/20/25 strg

p.s when changing fight style, the current life% will be the life% of the other

Spell 3: Hell's Gate
In both fight styles it will summon a pedestal for 7/10/15/20sec with 400/600/800/1000hp that hits 4/5/6/7% of surronding enemys as pure damage and instat kill units bellow 10/11/12/13% of hp. Also spawn random neutral hostile creeps(each level of the power the stronger creeps summoned are add to the random queue) depending on fight style (faster creeps in fast fight style and more tanky and heavy ones in fighter style). Every time a unit is killed by the bellow instant kill effect it will give you a soul point, when hitting the neutral hostile creeps summoned by the pedestal you can charm him to you if you have soul points equal to his level

p.s the AoE dmg affects enemys and friends heros and creeps, but the instant kill affects only enemy heros and creeps

Ultimate: Heaven's Bless
Once active will doble the 2spell bonus, the purge of the purgatorium spell will slow to 0ms till the end of the effect and will ignore soul points, only hit the creep and he will be yours. This stay for 15/20/30sec and then your weapons will "break" blocking your attacks and silencing you for 10/9/8 sec

p.s the animation(if possible) is the hero weapons glow white, i don't now if is possible in wc3 but in the fast style the hero will use two swords and in strong one he holds a two handed massive sword :D

If you want to help me please post here as many as you can(don't need to do it all, but if you want :D).Thanks for reading my massive descripition and sorry for the bad english(I'm not american lol)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
1. do you have a damage detection system? you will need one for the 3rd ability
2. you should base most of your abilities off channel (very versatile purely triggered ability) other than the 3rd (it would be based off a summon target ability that summons a unit with DnD that casts it at it's position) and the 2nd where you should use defend or immolate or something to that effect
3. you need a unit indexing system to detect stat changes and things like that
4. animations can be done using a few different methods, you can set ability animations, attachment points, buff special effects, things like that, i suggest you find a special effect tutorial

Kike

Reaction score
GFreak, I'm so glad for your help, but I don't know how to do all that that you said :C I don't know even what DnD means...

Slayer, haha you can do every thing you want man, I only can help with ideas so, if you need my help I'm here :D

thanks to everybody!

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
death and decay
deals aoe % max health in damage per second

damage detection systems are basically systems that can detect when a unit takes damage, the use for this is so that you can basically have the event: Any unit takes damage. Where as in GUI you can only do this with specific units.

A unit indexing system is a system that assigns an integer to a unit that is not used then you can use that integer to refer to the unit, so you can use it in array variable indexes like this: Unit_Variable[Unit Index] = unit

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.