Help with a special effect...

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in a bit of a hurry so I'll be brief about my problem;

First time I cast it, I get the pick every unit in Igni_Rune_GRP special effect. Removing the grp, it won't show up the next time I cast the spell. If I don't remove the grp, move my hero and cast the spell again, this effect shows up at the first place I cast it and the second place.

Here is the trigger, I know it's a bit crude but suggestions to make it more effective are ofc welcome.

Trigger:
  • Igni Rune
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point1 = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set IGNI_CHANCE = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
      • Set IGNI_DMG_DISP = (((Random integer number between 24 and 31) + (27 x (Level of Igni Rune for (Casting unit)))) + ((((Agility of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)) + (Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))) + (Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))) / 3))
      • Set IGNI_CRIT_DISP = (IGNI_DMG_DISP x 2)
      • Set IGNI_SPAWN = 90.00
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • IGNI_CHANCE Greater than (10 + (((Hero level of (Casting unit)) x 3) / 4))
        • Then - Actions
          • Set IGNI_DOT_DISP = (EL_DMG_DISP / 5)
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 IGNIDUMMY for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards IGNI_SPAWN degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Doom\DoomDeath.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
              • Set IGNI_SPAWN = (IGNI_SPAWN + 90.00)
              • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Igni_Rune_GRP
              • Wait 0.35 seconds
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Igni_Rune_GRP and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Doom\DoomDeath.mdl
          • Wait 0.60 seconds
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real(IGNI_DMG_DISP)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(IGNI_DMG_DISP)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) with Z offset 100.00, using font size 11.00, color (0.00%, 0.00%, 90.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 160.00 towards (Random real number between 45.00 and 135.00) degrees
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • IGNI_CHANCE Less than or equal to (10 + (((Hero level of (Casting unit)) x 3) / 4))
            • Then - Actions
              • Set IGNI_DOT_CRIT_DISP = (IGNI_CRIT_DISP / 5)
                • Loop - Actions
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Unit - Create 1 IGNIDUMMY for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards IGNI_SPAWN degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
                      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Doom\DoomDeath.mdl
                      • Set IGNI_SPAWN = (IGNI_SPAWN + 90.00)
                      • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Igni_Rune_GRP
                      • Wait 0.35 seconds
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Doom\DoomDeath.mdl
                  • Wait 0.60 seconds
                  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real(IGNI_CRIT_DISP)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
                  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String(IGNI_CRIT_DISP)) + !) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) with Z offset 100.00, using font size 13.00, color (0.00%, 0.00%, 90.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                  • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
                  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 160.00 towards (Random real number between 45.00 and 135.00) degrees
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point1)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Igni_Rune_GRP)

Any1 have an idea why this happens? Is it the wait inside the for loop?

Kling[o]

Reaction score
I'm not sure but you should insert that
Trigger:

into that
Trigger:
    • Loop - Actions

Ps: "Waits" ftl

Happysmiley

Reaction score
I'm not sure but you should insert that
Trigger:

into that
Trigger:
    • Loop - Actions

Ps: "Waits" ftl

Ok I'll try that :) Thanks alot!

Happysmiley

Reaction score
For anyone reading my thread here; Make sure you change the 'Combat - Death Type' to
'Can't raise, does not decay' on your dummy unit. >,<

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.