Flakes

Last Wish
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Last Wish
Actions
Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 80.00%

well thats a good starting (i think) but i want to make that in level 2 he gains 90% and in level 3 100% , how???

E

Eilhal

If level of ability being cast is eual to one then BLAH Else If level of ability being cast is equal to two then BLAH Else If level of ability being cast equal to three then BLAH Else nothing

E

Eilhal

I'm not entirely sure... I thought it was because I had seen someone say it elsewhere... but if not I can open up my editor and look for a REAL answer for you :p Sorry if that one is bogus

U

unstable

by casting that ability, the caster is actually losing health lol

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Do NOT, ever, use Triggering unit unless there is no other choice. Using Triggering Unit is like naming your variable "a".

U

Unregistered

thanks ^^ , iam in another computer so Iam unregistered xD

F

Flakes

another question... how can i make that the spell only can be used if the casters life is 20% or less? i don't know conditons that use percentages , help plz

PD: whats that of rep? because in all contest the winner gets rep , whats that!

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
rep=reputation. its some sort of user rating - other people rate you either positive (if you help them) or negative (if you flame, disrespect the rules etc).
to give someone reputation click on
reputation.gif
on the top of his post.

now back to the topic...
try to avoid checking the level if you don't have to (and you don't in 99% cases). instead...
Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to (((Real(Level of (Ability Being Cast) for (Triggering Unit)) * 10) + 70)%
to make it work only if you have 20% simply add a condition (real comparison) percentage life of triggering unit less than or equals to 20.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
As MoonRazer said, it looks like an integer would solve your problem.

F

Flakes

thanks , i didn't know that Real could have percentages , thanks!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Duwenbasden said:
Do NOT, ever, use Triggering unit unless there is no other choice. Using Triggering Unit is like naming your variable "a".

Are you sure about this ? It really depends...

Code:
function GetAttackedUnitBJ takes nothing returns unit
    return GetTriggerUnit()
endfunction

So now we can conclude that (Attacked unit) is exactly the same as (Triggering unit).

Thanks SFilip for clearing this thing out previously ;)

Some functions cannot be replaced with (Triggering unit) though. (Attacking unit) isn't (Triggering unit) when using "Unit - A unit is attacked" event. To use (Triggering unit) just look if the unit you are referring to is the one used in the event. Period.

M

Masterfrog

Soz for off-topic, but isn't actually triggering unit faster (well, very slightly ofcourse, but still) than anything else that could replace it in any given situation? I think I've heard someone claim it.

F

Flakes

well i did the condition of less than 20 percent life but if you cast the spell with like 50% life , the spells casts but don't work , so i want that when you cast the spell with more than 20% life , a message apperas that you cannot cast it and the spell doesn't cast

srry if iam makin so questions but iam a noob in mapmaking

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Masterfrog said:
Soz for off-topic, but isn't actually triggering unit faster (well, very slightly ofcourse, but still) than anything else that could replace it in any given situation? I think I've heard someone claim it.
probably me...explained above by dax.
attacked and dying unit would for example be the slower way to get triggering unit. however the difference is really minor.
also for some event responces like casting unit its completely the same since it seems they work directly.

anyway back to topic. to make a message you need to get a fake message function, most likely found on wc3jass.com.
now to trigger it...you need to check the unit's hp with that condition, but inside an if..then. if it is then do the actions that sets life. if it isn't then return the mana and show the message.
edit: here is the fake message function - http://wc3jass.com/viewtopic.php?t=239
now here's how to implement it:
-add the script to your map's custom script section (the map name on the left in the trigger editor).
-create a variable of type sound and name it SimError
-call the function using Custom Script: call SimError(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), "your message") inside your trigger

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.