Help with AoE spell

d3v1lish

Reaction score
Hullo Helpers!

Normally I wouldn't ask questions like this, bit I'm quite rusty with WorldEdit and am having great difficulty developing this AoE spell in GUI. What I'm trying to do is make a spell which.

- Has a ranged AoE cast, like Flame Strike/Blizzard
- When cast (non-channeling), burns an area for 3 seconds, dealing damage every second in that area as well as adding buffs to all units who are in the area (and who enter the area after the spell is cast).
- After 3 seconds, the burning 'cools off', entangling all units in the area for a certain amount of time (doesn't apply to units who enter the area after initial entangle).

So far I've managed to make it so that it damages in that area for 3 seconds, and adds buffs to all units in that area - entering units, however, take the damage but do not receive the buff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for you time. =)

DK's Pride

Reaction score
The 2 first parts can is simple - Base the spell of flamestrike, it does it all? :D

For the third use this trigger:

Trigger:
  • dqDW
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Loc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Temp_Group = (Units within 300.00 of Temp_Loc matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Temp_Loc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group)

Edit: this is not MUI, which means that i cant be cast by multiple units at the same time

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.