Help with Vertical Gate's Opening animations

Nathan0093

Reaction score
As I thought I've fixed the problem that many other users had before, I ran into another one. I used the Wc3 Model Editor and rotated the horizontal gate to make a vertical gate. I also exported the gate's pathing map and rotated it so that it'll go nicely with the new vertical gate model. The problem is that when the vertical gate opens, the animation doesn't work properly. The doors would open and stay where they would be as though the gate was a horizontal one. Can someone who's more knowledgeable in the modeling department help a fellow out on this one? Ill be sure to include credits for the helpful person who can fix this for me in my map. I've attached some pictures to show the actual problem.

Attachments

• Gate Stand.JPG
    Gate Stand.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 308
  • Gate Opened.JPG
    Gate Opened.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 323

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
A gate model should have 3 animations

• stand - default animation of a closed gate
  • open - animation of an opened gate
  • death - death animation when the gate is destroyed

When the model you're using has those animations, then it would be a simple matter of setting the destructible animation with triggers for testing.
I'd just like to know if the problem you're having is indeed in the model, or just the animation names.

Also, the animations in your attached pictures also needs adjusting. The doors are not static in which the modeling editor must assume that they need to be rotated as well.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Why are you editing the model in the first place when you can rotate it in the editor?!

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
Why are you editing the model in the first place when you can rotate it in the editor?!
I was wondering that myself, although I did not know you where able to. Never really saw the need in trying that out since there are horizontal and vertical gates to choose from.

Nathan0093

Reaction score
Azlier: this gate is meant to be used as a building, not a destructible. I've read many topics and saw that many other users have the same problem. You cannot select the vertical version of the gate as a unit or building. And WE does not have the vertical's pathing map neither.
Xorifelse: the problem isnt about the animation names but the animations themselves. I didnt post the picture of a destroyed vertical gate because there's no problem with the animation when the gate is destroyed in game. In Wc3 Model Editor everything appears to be rotated, including the doors. It doesnt look right when it's opened though. This is what I need help with because I don't know how to fix the animation. I've also uploaded the model itself so that people can work with it and see what's up.

Attachments

• Vertical Gate.mdx
    21.5 KB · Views: 268

Doug

Reaction score
Did you get this to work Nathan because i am trying to make a verticle gate building for my map as well with no luck.

Mandrilx

Reaction score
I made a quick vertical pathing that you can use for such gates if it helps anyone:

just import into the map and use. Select it in the pathing field, it is just like the magic pen wall pathing but vertical for use with buildings, units and such.

Attachments

• 8x2VerticalGato.tga
    66 bytes · Views: 252
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.