Hero Ideas - Tanks

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
I know I know... They are all over the place... And I'm sorry but I have more of a specific request than most hero requests, or at least out of the like 30 threads I viewed... I tend to not have very thought out tank heroes in my map.. I want them to be unique but synergize like I said before.. You can format them however you like... I'd prefer at least one defensive... one aura *Can also be the defensive spell* and an ultimate... They need 3 base spells and an ulti *Don't worry about stats/levels I will take care of that*. Thanks to anyone who helps... I could definitely use some better tanks in my map :p. Other ideas are welcome of course... I just am in NEED of tanks haha. If you have ideas for anything else I will gladly take those as well :p. Thanks in advance :).

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
I made a useful spell the other day that you can use if you would like.
It is called, Taunt, and it is a passive that gives a % chance that when a nearby enemy unit attacks, they will attack the tank insted. Not to useful aginst a player, but very effective agianst creeps.

Trigger:
  • Taunt
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set _TempUnitGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Taunt ) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in _TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set _TempUnit = (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg__TempUnitGroup)
      • Set _TempUnitGroup = (Units within 500.00 of (Position of _TempUnit) matching ((Matching unit) Equal to (Attacking unit)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in _TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Owner of (Attacking unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of _TempUnit)) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to ((Level of Taunt for _TempUnit) x 2)
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack _TempUnit
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg__TempUnitGroup)
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Fully MUI. And Leakless, I think.

As for other spells, AOE stun is good for tanks.
Here are a few ideas:

Intended for the Footman model.

Last Resort - Passive
Everytime the Hero loses 200 health, his armor is increased by X. Bonus is decreased every 10 seconds.
X = level

Defensive/Offencive - Active
An ability, based of Defend .
The ability when actived switches the unit to defensive.
This increase damage reistances by X%.

When turned off, the unit changes to Offencive.
This increases damage by X%
X = level * 20

Push - Active
The Hero runs forward quickly for 500 units, giving a diffrent effect.
If he is Defensive, all units are knocked to the side. They are also stunned for X seconds. If he is Offensive, he slices all the units, dealing X*100 damage to each.
X = level

Ult - Battlemaster - Passive
The Hero masters the balance between offencive and defensive combat.
He gains half of the % bonus of his oppisite bonus (ie, in Defensive, also gains half of the bonus from Offensive. So if the level is 3, and Def is active, he keeps the % bonus and gains 30% damage increase)
Also, Push does the oppiste effect aswell, but with the level decreased by one. (ie, again, let's say def is active. A level 3 Push is cast, it also deals the damage from a level 2 push.)

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
I actually really like the taunt idea... Interesting and definately not something I have seen anywhere else that I can recall... I already have a knockback tank spell and the defense/offense thing is not quite what I'm looking for... But I did like that taunt quite a bit.. Any other ideas?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.