Hero Spell Ideas ;)

Anything.

Reaction score
YES. I am asking for Hero ideas. Sue me. I need two cool ultimate abilities for two of my Heroes. Currently both of them have four abilities.

The heroes are both Alchemists for my future game, which might be coming out next year, if I can get done with school :p

And this has no affiliation with Fullmetal Alchemist. I thought of this idea waaay before I started reading it. Just wanted to mention because people kept asking me if I was making an FMA game...

One of the Heroes is named Daemyon Xantara, the Alchemist of Philtre and has four abilities named Formulate, Replicate, Ignition, and Geomancy. Formulate is a spellbook spell which opens up a menu which allows the Hero to make potions (Yes. Cliche? Hell yes.). Replicate completely duplicates an item, but only one duplicate can be active - the item cannot be transferred or sold, but can be dropped. Ignition is basically a trigger enhanced Flame Strike-like spell. Geomancy is a spell which upgrade all of the Hero's spells. He is a master at potions and fire.

The other Hero is named Lilith Gilgamesh, the Mindrender Alchemist, and has four abilities named Static Field, Forced Exile, Mind Wrack and Dominate. Static Field inflicts % damage and intensifies the effect of her other spells (please take this in account). Forced Exile is an AoE Banish. Mind Wrack is a special stun skill that stuns for an amount depending on the caster. Dominate is a damage / charm skill. She doesn't use alchemy directly but uses alchemical skills ;)

Please don't steal my ideas.

If you think that I should revise any of the skills (name / effect / totally replace a skill) then please bring it up!

Also, if you can, you can mention some non-hero unit abilities for my techtree :D

stavious

Reaction score
I can't believe you have TWO Alchemist heroes and ignored this so I'll suggest it for you :D :
Transmute (or an ability based off the same idea). Alchemists' life long mission is to find the Exilir of Life, which gives health and a long life to those who drink from it. So you can have it that the Ultimate is to 'create' and Exilir from which they can later regain health and mana (in massive amounts). Also though they have the ability to turn metal into Gold (therefore the Transmute ability). This can also be an ultimate, that allows them to turn items/units into gold and recieve the gold reasource for it.
(All this is taken from the story 'The Alchemist' :p ).
Hope this helped :) .

Darox

Reaction score
How about the Highly Experimental Mysterious Potion! - Go on, Drink it, you know you want to. When used gives a caster a random effect, anything from transforming him into a powerful monster for a short period of time (Or a sheep if it goes wrong), changing his hp/mana for better or for worse, making him invisible or making him blind. The choices are limitless. If you are having multiple levels for Ultimates, then lvl up could affect the strength/duration of the effect, or reduce the chance of a negative effect.

As an extra thing, it would be real cool if there was a tiny chance the alchemist would explode in a blaze of glory (and guts) Make sure its a tiny chance though, otherwise everyone would be too scared to drink the thing.

Anything.

Reaction score
stavious said:
I can't believe you have TWO Alchemist heroes and ignored this so I'll suggest it for you :D :
Transmute (or an ability based off the same idea). Alchemists' life long mission is to find the Exilir of Life, which gives health and a long life to those who drink from it. So you can have it that the Ultimate is to 'create' and Exilir from which they can later regain health and mana (in massive amounts). Also though they have the ability to turn metal into Gold (therefore the Transmute ability). This can also be an ultimate, that allows them to turn items/units into gold and recieve the gold reasource for it.
(All this is taken from the story 'The Alchemist' :p ).
Hope this helped :) .
Oh yeah, about that. I have two other Alchemists, Ouroborus Darwin the Lifesewing Alchemist who makes Chimaeras and Homunculi and can warp souls into other vessels. And the other is Asmodeus Mammon, the Transmutation master who can disassemble items into raw material and transmute it back into better weapons. Like a dagger gives one part metal while a shortsword gives two parts and a spear gives 1 part metal, two parts wood and requires that much to replace.

So your idea is obsolete, sorry about that ;)

Also about the ultimate healing, I am making it so that potions only buff you or give you mana because healing seems a bit unnatural ;)

Transmuting metal to gold is ILLEGAL :mad:

Darox said:
How about the Highly Experimental Mysterious Potion! - Go on, Drink it, you know you want to. When used gives a caster a random effect, anything from transforming him into a powerful monster for a short period of time (Or a sheep if it goes wrong), changing his hp/mana for better or for worse, making him invisible or making him blind. The choices are limitless. If you are having multiple levels for Ultimates, then lvl up could affect the strength/duration of the effect, or reduce the chance of a negative effect.

As an extra thing, it would be real cool if there was a tiny chance the alchemist would explode in a blaze of glory (and guts) Make sure its a tiny chance though, otherwise everyone would be too scared to drink the thing.
Hmm... But then that would make the regular potion brewing skill obsolete...

This is a Single Player map so, I can have a bit more fun with the triggers, like non-MUI spells and such, so...

garet10

Reaction score
Anything. said:
YES. I am asking for Hero ideas. Sue me. I need two cool ultimate abilities for two of my Heroes. Currently both of them have four abilities.

The heroes are both Alchemists for my future game, which might be coming out next year, if I can get done with school :p

And this has no affiliation with Fullmetal Alchemist. I thought of this idea waaay before I started reading it. Just wanted to mention because people kept asking me if I was making an FMA game...

One of the Heroes is named Daemyon Xantara, the Alchemist of Philtre and has four abilities named Formulate, Replicate, Ignition, and Geomancy. Formulate is a spellbook spell which opens up a menu which allows the Hero to make potions (Yes. Cliche? Hell yes.). Replicate completely duplicates an item, but only one duplicate can be active - the item cannot be transferred or sold, but can be dropped. Ignition is basically a trigger enhanced Flame Strike-like spell. Geomancy is a spell which upgrade all of the Hero's spells. He is a master at potions and fire.

The other Hero is named Lilith Gilgamesh, the Mindrender Alchemist, and has four abilities named Static Field, Forced Exile, Mind Wrack and Dominate. Static Field inflicts % damage and intensifies the effect of her other spells (please take this in account). Forced Exile is an AoE Banish. Mind Wrack is a special stun skill that stuns for an amount depending on the caster. Dominate is a damage / charm skill. She doesn't use alchemy directly but uses alchemical skills ;)

Please don't steal my ideas.

If you think that I should revise any of the skills (name / effect / totally replace a skill) then please bring it up!

Also, if you can, you can mention some non-hero unit abilities for my techtree :D

The Alchemist with flame poison (spell (flamestrike)) change the flame strike color to green. small trigger 25% to create potion on kill :p

the Mindrender with mana blast (spell (mana burn)) change the mana burn model to thunder clap? :p

Anything.

Reaction score
garet10 said:
The Alchemist with flame poison (spell (flamestrike)) change the flame strike color to green. small trigger 25% to create potion on kill :p

the Mindrender with mana blast (spell (mana burn)) change the mana burn model to thunder clap? :p
He's Flame and Potion, not Posion!! And besides, I already have a Flame Strike attack ;) But I like that potion on kill idea, haha. Or maybe increased chance of finding Reagents to make potions, I'm still not sure though, this has to be an ultimate!

Mana Burn as an ultimate really doesn't seem appealing to me :( Chain Mana Burn? Or AoE Burn? Or Mana Flare? Ehhh... What would seem good for a hero?

A

AionsHearts

Aha... this is my 1st post :D, i gone through most of the post and found yours ~_~most appealing... 3 days ago post....

I am making an alchemist game too, just that its multiplayer. and would like to help a fellow alchemist. :D i guess we almost have the same skills in our mind. however i want to add this for you.

Anyway for ability i would like to suggest the skill Brew, (just a suggestion)

the alchemist has the abilities to brew potions to cure himself or his friends or enemies however as it will take time for them to completely heal, movements will be restricted. Basically its like rejuvenation.<-- hope i get it right.

example:
Brew, mana cost would be roughly 90+40 per level.
1 Heals 100 hp, heals 20 mana , slow 5%
2 Heals 200 hp, heals 50 mana , slow 10&
3 Heals 300 hp, heals 80 mana , slow 15%

this spell after you get hit once you will lose it.

**i am going to have this spell to in my game, and if you want we can share spells for our alchemist??*

If you want names that are nice for spells and sorcery i suggest 'peeking' into the Magic the Gathering cards area.... they have lots of spells that have nice names and abilities that are somewhat creatable in warcraft.

oh.. and i hope someone wont mind if i post at a 3days old topic

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.