Hero-Unit Grouping Sytem

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
I need a system for my hero frenzy map, in which X-amount of non hero units will be designated to a hero. Basicly, there will be a max of about 6 heroes and they will spawn/revive every so often. The heroes are like war generals and have 3 or 4 subunits that follow them around, replacement units periodically respawn to replace the dead units. The units, and replacements alike, are the same type of unit as the hero, meaning, if the hero assigned, is a level 1 militia, the units are militia units. If the hero gets to level 3 and becomes a level 1 footman, all the units in his group becomes footman. Any additional replacement units must become a footman as well.
So in a nutshell, i need to be able to group new and existing units to a particular hero, any replacement unit will be evenly distributed amongst the other heroes, so like if i have a group of 2 to a hero and a group of 4 to another, the new units will got to the group of 2. The heroes may possibly be invulnerable until units are killed, or if the hero dies the units can be redistributed, I'm not sure yet. But basicly i need a way to identify the groups, and assign new units to a group.
I have a pretty good knowledge of GUI but very little MUI. So I would prefer the code to be in GUI, but wouldn't mind a few custom MUI functions in it. I am not completely clueless for triggering, I just need a shove in the right direction and perhaps a few blocks of codes :D
I appreciate any help, and if it works :D i will give you rep+ and credits in my map.

the discussion for my map is here

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.