hero's damage added to ability damage

jarekpl12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
hello. I have question. How to add 100% hero's damage to his abilities damage? My abilities' damage are based on attributes but I want add to them 100% hero's damage. Thx

Happysmiley

Reaction score
A hero's attack damage is based on his main attribute and then a random dice roll decided by a number of dices and the sides of each die.

You can find the dice roll in the object editor under your hero. It should be about 1/3 down, right above the hero's attack type, range etc. If for example, you've input 2 dices and 6 sides per die, it would equal to 2-12 damage. Lets say the hero has 20 points of his main attribute, his damage should be 22-34.

Assuming you have a basic understanding of triggers, I'll go ahead and free hand it for you;

Events
A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
Casting unit equal to (Your hero)
Actions
Cause casting unit to damage target unit of ability being cast, dealing (your base ability damage) + real(intelligence of Your hero (include bonuses)) + random real number between 2 and 12) damage of attack type spells and damage type fire

IronTrout

Reaction score
What you could do, It may seem a tad complicated, but it would cut out the difference of like 180 damage, Grab a GDD and make a variable. When the hero attacks, set the variable to be the damage of the hero.

So say Hero A, deals 190 damage to Unit B,
Set Variable to 190.

Use Variable in your ability triggering and cut out the hardcore maths and guess work :)

If you really wanna go hardcore, make variable an array variable of about 5, and get Variable[1], Variable[2], Variable[3], etc and divide all those numbers by 5. Just re-write over those numbers every so often. :p

jarekpl12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
A hero's attack damage is based on his main attribute and then a random dice roll decided by a number of dices and the sides of each die.

You can find the dice roll in the object editor under your hero. It should be about 1/3 down, right above the hero's attack type, range etc. If for example, you've input 2 dices and 6 sides per die, it would equal to 2-12 damage. Lets say the hero has 20 points of his main attribute, his damage should be 22-34.

Assuming you have a basic understanding of triggers, I'll go ahead and free hand it for you;

Events
A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
Casting unit equal to (Your hero)
Actions
Cause casting unit to damage target unit of ability being cast, dealing (your base ability damage) + real(intelligence of Your hero (include bonuses)) + random real number between 2 and 12) damage of attack type spells and damage type fire

lol... what when hero will get 6x claws of attack? It won't be even similar to hero's damage

Sartan

Reaction score
lol... what when hero will get 6x claws of attack? It won't be even similar to hero's damage

use your brain wont you? :p

then add a conditon that check what items your hero have,

i recommend that you store all items in a item varrible
and all + damage an item gives in a integer varrible.
for example:

item[1] = claws of attack 8
item[2] = claws of attack 15
stats[1] = 8
stats[2] = 15

and then loop if to find out how much bonus your hero should get from your items

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Create a copy of the hero (including current level and items) and an attackable dummy unit with no armor, and then have the hero attack the dummy and use a damage detection system to register the hero's damage output.

This is by far the most effecient and accurate method of gaining your hero's damage output.

Rllulium

Reaction score
If your ability allows it, you can base it of Searing Arrows or another attackmodifier. That will allow you to have it deal 100% attack damage, including items and everything. The con is that it would be autocastable.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.