Hey guys I need some basic skill ideas for my heros Lord of the rings map

Astal

Reaction score
Im making a fun little co-op LOTR map where the player has to destroy all the orc towers before the time runs out otherwise sauron spawns and the heros have to kill him to win.

For heros i have the following. I would add more but im not sure if i want repeat heros (ones that are too similar) The skills i have idea for atm are listed below. Im looking for simple ones because im horrible at scripting spells, and they never work for me. Unless your willing to script it try not to suggest somthing that needs scripting work.

Aragorn
Athelas - Rejuvination spell
Presence of the King - Command Aura

Legolas
Elven Grace - Dodge + crit
Dexterity - Attack speed

Gimli
Bash
Cleave
Devotion aura

Theoden
Rally the Rohirrim - move speed aura
Spear throw - stun + damage

Gandalf
Flame of Anor - Mana regen aura
Grace of the Maiar - Resurrection
Call of the Eagles - Summon Hawks
Chain Lightning

Frodo
The one ring - invis with +damage

drak_dragon

Reaction score
Im making a fun little co-op LOTR map where the player has to destroy all the orc towers before the time runs out otherwise sauron spawns and the heros have to kill him to win.

For heros i have the following. I would add more but im not sure if i want repeat heros (ones that are too similar) The skills i have idea for atm are listed below. Im looking for simple ones because im horrible at scripting spells, and they never work for me. Unless your willing to script it try not to suggest somthing that needs scripting work.

Aragorn
Athelas - Rejuvination spell
Presence of the King - Command Aura

Legolas
Elven Grace - Dodge + crit
Dexterity - Attack speed

Gimli
Bash
Cleave
Devotion aura

Theoden
Rally the Rohirrim - move speed aura
Spear throw - stun + damage

Gandalf
Flame of Anor - Mana regen aura
Grace of the Maiar - Resurrection
Call of the Eagles - Summon Hawks
Chain Lightning

Frodo
The one ring - invis with +damage

Aragorn

Whirlwind - base it off the whirlwind default
[???] a bloodlust like ability with the targets allowed being self only. (combat focus or something?)

Legolas

Flame or Frost arrows possible
maybe trueshot aura?

Frodo
Dodge chance (for his small size)

mapguy

Reaction score
ow, you want WC3 basic spells, right?

so

Frodo:
- windwalk
- critical
- evasion
- thunder clap

Sam:
- heal
- drunken brawler
- inner fire
- devotion aura.

Smeagol
- berserk
- evasion
- windwalk
- critical

Astal

Reaction score
Right now i need 2 more for legolas and 1 for theoden, i have all the others worked out.

Smegol wont be there because its defending the shire ect... Not sure if ill give legolas a fire or frost arrow, i might cause im running low on ideas hehehe.

Thanks for suggestions.

drak_dragon

Reaction score
Right now i need 2 more for legolas and 1 for theoden, i have all the others worked out.

Smegol wont be there because its defending the shire ect... Not sure if ill give legolas a fire or frost arrow, i might cause im running low on ideas hehehe.

Thanks for suggestions.

You could always give him the Barrage ability to let him strike multiple units at once.

drak_dragon

Reaction score
thats perfect, didnt know that was built in lol

How would I go about setting up the ability?

dupe the ability "Barrage" and give it to him. make sure the range of the spell is the same as his own personal range, and he'll attack all the enemies in range. should be automatic once equipped. dunno if you can associate a mana cost to it.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have got an idea for Merri&Pippin! Use the Mortar Team as model :)

Agility based, of course. Give them a short ranged attack, which is stones thrown at the enemy (if you know how to do this, you could add a catapult arc to the stone)

Skills

Run - Increases movement speed for M&P and for nearby allies for some seconds. Base it on Scroll of the Beast. AoE and +speed increases with levels.

Hurl Boulder - Now, this is a large rock. Basically Storm Bolt.

Arcane stones - Arrow skill. Increases damage and make enemies dizzy (decreasing movement and attack speed). Base it on Cold Arrows, but change the projectile to Demon Hunter [Demon Form] and make the buff look like Thunderclap dizziness instead of cold.

Treebeard - Ulti. Calls upon the ancient ent Treebeard. Just make him really heavy ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.