Hidden Unit with Global Abilities

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
I want to create a button in the game that when Player 1 clicks it, it shows a list of castable spells on the action menu. The first thing that came to mind was to create a hero and give it to the player, and just hide it well. That gives me a button in the top left corner on the Hero Bar to open the menu, plus I can strip attacks and movement so all you see is the added abilities. Problem is, that doesn't make it unselectable on the map. But when you add locust, even clicking that button won't show the abilities. Is there a way to make the unit impossible to click normally, and only selectable from the Hero Bar Button?

Otherwise, is there a better way to approach this? Using spellbooks or something?

Reaction score
Forget locust. Remove the units model, hold the shift key and make the selection size for your unit 0.00 or less.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Wouldn't it still be drag-selectable, then?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Why create a hero? Just create a unit and make it cast the ability... They are called dummies.

BTW: If the unit has no model you cannot select it without icons on the left of the screen...

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Well, that's the thing. There needs to be a button somewhere to open the abilities screen. I thought a hidden hero would be the best way, but it isn't working right. How else can I do that?

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is to dl a model and "accidentally" make his .blp filepath to something that isn't really the filepath for the blp. So, the model will not be shown and, it cannot be selected by drag but only with t3h buttons on the side..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.