Sci/Tech Holidaymaker ate an octopus before discovering it was only the SECOND of its kind ever found

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Seriously, an animal with a mild case can live a normal life.

FC, lets assume it was a mild case, and thus effectively a regular octopus - what should have been done differently?

bang head on rock to kill - check
ask chef to cook - check
chef cooks and tourist eats - check

Hmm "would you say the same thing for a human?"

would you talk to an octopus?

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
So many arguements... What FireCat is saying is this: Would you exclude a human for have 6 fingers?

Then she's saying the same thing with the Extra-Leg-Octapus.
There might be a baby that is abnormal, which might be better for the human race, so how does one know what abnormalities are good or bad? 6 Legs might be better for the octapus, just saying.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
"Biologists say the six-legged hexapus is the result of a natal abnormality as opposed to a new species."

Last line in the article, and probably the most important, lol.
Just as I thought.

Nature knows which mutations are good and which are bad.
The good mutations survive, thats the trick.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
would you talk with a mouse that you are about to eat? (but are playing with, because you are a cat)
Maybe?! hehe Well, depends if the cat is hungry. But not every cat play with the food. You see see Btw: Cats can be particularly picky eaters. LOL So no mouse..........

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
@Tom:
OMFG THIS IS HORRIBLE!
Looks like the worst science fiction right there! Just make genetically altered humans so that everybody will live in peace! Or just cut off one miniscule little part of their brain and everything will be fine!
Best-Seller novel material right there.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Seriously, an animal with a mild case can live a normal life.
Hmm "would you say the same thing for a human?"

Yes, I would. Genetically, the human race would be FAR better off without such conditions, which, as you are probably not aware in consideration of who I'm talking to, there is a significant amount of research into avoiding, most of which comes to the conclusion that drinking alcohol or otherwise abusing such drugs while pregnant can avoid. Which tells me that the parent of this octopus was probably not a very healthy octopus in all likelihood.

It might have become a new species with six tentacles :( I don't think there's anything like that yet, is there?

No, not that I'm aware of, just like there isn't a human-like race missing a fucking arm or leg.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
No, not that I'm aware of, just like there isn't a human-like race missing a fucking arm or leg.

A few of them live near the park where I do my morning jogs. They get special parking spots at the supermarket.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
research into avoiding, most of which comes to the conclusion that drinking alcohol or otherwise abusing such drugs while pregnant can avoid. Which tells me that the parent of this octopus was probably not a very healthy octopus in all likelihood.
OMFG Varine...
Well, sure but it doesn't always "cause of what you saying.! " There are other factors, too!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.