HoN problem, probably connection related.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I got this problem when playing Heroes of Newerth.
There is constant lag, and about 1 second latency.
Does anyone know what the minimum connection requirements are for the upload speed?
Does anyone know how to fix it?

I have concluded that it is not my settings, beacuse I can run at every setting high or low and the problem still remains.
Perhaps I should also add that I have the same problem with Dungeons and Dragons Online and MSN when I send files to my friends:(
I got a mere 2mb/s upload speed, could that do it?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Nope, my pal which is connected to the exact same station but only a few kilometers away does not experience this problem, and he's got the same provider as well :(

Edit: Oh, and I live about 200meters from the station where our internet is connected to.
I got the same problem with both my networks cars as well :(

Could it be a port that needs to be unlocked somewhere?

Edit2:
I just checked my connection on "www.bredbandskollen.se" which is supposed to be a good site for that.
I got 8Mb/s in. Should be: 24Mb/s
and 0.25Mb/s out. Should be: 2Mb/s
I know why I am getting had at the in, they are really lousy at that and we have 6comps running all using the same connection.
But is that out speed enought?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Are you using cable or wireless?

If it's the first, then i have no idea, perhaps you should scan your computer for viruses&spyware, or shut of any AV while your playing the game.

For the latter, you're rightfully screwed and we share the same pain. Get a cable ^^

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Are you using cable or wireless?

If it's the first, then i have no idea, perhaps you should scan your computer for viruses&spyware, or shut of any AV while your playing the game.

For the latter, you're rightfully screwed and we share the same pain. Get a cable ^^

Well, lucky for me I have cable because I know about the errors of going wireless, especially when I have led pipes in the walls:p
I have already checked for viruses and I do so every week, I run both Nod32 and Marlware Bytes Anti Marlware and I check around a bit on my own just for the sake of it.
I always keep track of my processes and kill anything unwanted as soon as it get's there as well so I would say that we can rule that one out:D

But when you say shut down my anti virus system, how would that do anything? I have allowed it in the firewall for both UDP and TCP and on all ports:confused:

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
Perhaps reinstalling HoN might fix it (That's what people on the official forums will tell you to do).

I had the same problem, but that was using wireless (ugh...) but then it fixed itself somehow.

You probably already did this, but make sure you close any background apps using bandwidth (torrents, downloads, youtube etc...) this might be where your slowdown is.

I can play HoN with 128kbps upspeed (About 15KB/s) whereas yours is MUCH faster, so you shouldn't really have any issues concerning your speed.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I have just installed it and I don't even have msn running when I play it:eek:
This is the weirdest problem I have experienced with a game this far:nuts:

I have tried playing 2 games today, they both had about 80ms ping which is acceptable, but they both still lagged asunder:(

I mean a little lag now and then and even half a sec of latency I can handle, but this is half a second freeze then half a second running and so on for the entire game:eek:

Both games where played with different network cards.
No difference in HoN, but the integrated one seemed to be only half as fast as my old D-Link when I did the speed test. I ran the test 10 times on each just to be sure.

And defragmenting will not help either, I have tried that before :(

Btw, I managed to get my up speed up to about 0.5Mb^^ And still not working as it should:nuts:

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
I'm wondering, since your ping is okay, if you played any other games recently? It might be your hardware that's faulty, not the actual connection >.<

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I was thinking that it might be my Graphics drivers, I have been having a lot of troubles with them the last couple of years:(
I got an ATi AGP card you see.
And currently no other games lag, since I reformatted this last time I have not had any troubles with anything else except HoN and for some reason all flash games lag like hell as well:(

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.