Hotkey: Space Bar

Aizen

Reaction score
Okay, here's my problem. I need to use the space bar as a hotkey for an item.
I can't use Esc (player skips a cinematic) or the arrow keys, because they're already in use.
Is there a way I can make the space bar a hotkey?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
What are you trying to do with it?

Maybe you could trigger it so that like "if spacebar is pressed" and then you have your actions.

Can you give us more information about what you are trying to do with the spacebar thing?

WilliamPa

Reaction score
It is impossible to make spacebar use item, but you can always set spacebar point over an item if it is on ground. If you are making som capture the flag, then you also could set spacebar point over an unit if unit is carrying the flag.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
I've seen the shift key used as a hotkey, but I have no idea how.

Curo

Reaction score
Wc3 lets you assign your own hotkeys and in those cases where it isn't possible you can remap your keyboard. That is nothing we map makers have any control over.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I meant that there is a wc3 custom game where pressing shift while selecting a certain shop will make you purchase a certain item. In short, shift is that item's hotkey. I only know how to set alphabetical hotkeys through the object editor, so this confuses me.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I'm also curious, and I've seen a map where ctrl + c was a hotkey. It was a map with a bunch of systems in it, but I can't remember which ones. I believe it was one of the handle attaching/unit attaching systems, since it had a dialog showing how many attachments there were.

Curo

Reaction score
I think ctrl + c is used for unlocking a locked camera view.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.