How can I identify the caster deep within a chain reaction trigger set?

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Trying to make some MUI, and my ability is almost done I feel. But there are still some problems with it. The basic function of this ability is to create a chain stun. First units within range of the caster are picked, and after a count of 2 seconds, those units are stunned(paused) and units within range of those stunned units get queued to be stunned too, and this cycle continues until the units within range do not match the conditions or there are no units in range.
Try out the map to see what it does.

However, I don't want the caster's units or allies being affected by this ability. I thought I had nailed it with the conditions I had set (matching unit belongs to an ally/enemy of picked unit) but it turns out I was wrong, as you can see from testing.. I need a way to identify the caster's player number and add this somehow to the conditions for adding units to the queue (to be stunned).

There is one or two other problems with this.. not sure if you'll see them in testing. I have no idea how to address them. Please help if you can :)

View attachment AGIRGD_HeroAbilities.w3x

It's the ultimate ability of the shadow hunter, and in the trigger list, it's called Retching Deluge.

P.S. The unit group set in the trigger RetchPeriodic 3, 'RetchGroupQueue' is the problem I think. I don't understand why my Paladin is getting picked.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
So your question here is how to make sure that the targets are not owned by the casting player? hmm i wonder if the condition you used really doesn't work.
well if its an alternative you are asking for why don't use an integer comparison?
Condition: Converted Player ID(GetOwningPlayer(TriggeringUnit())) =! Converted Player ID(GetOwningPlayer(MatchingUnit()))

Thats as much of an answer as I can give you provided with your explanation since I dont have an WE installed here.

RedOrb

Reaction score
thanks jnZ, yeh it really doesn't work. Install WC3 and try it out ;p
But.. the problem is that I need to carry the caster unit around different periodic triggers, but I think it might be impossible the way I've done it.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
why don't you post the triggers here? or would it be such an enormous wall of text?

RedOrb

Reaction score
Please could someone take a look? I've a feeling there's an easy solution. Or perhaps not any at all ._.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.