How did DotA make this Omnislash graphic?

MintJulep

Reaction score
The rest of the spell is easy enough, but:

dotaomnigc2.png

I'm talking about the long red line that trails the Juggernaut whenever he blinks from one location to another. I don't think its a lightning effect, it looks like a missile, although maybe it's too curvy...Do they create a set of dummy units at the starting and ending locations that attack each other or something? But how would that be possible when the dummy units would have to have Locust?

MintJulep

Reaction score
Oh, what do you think is the buff? Most of them I thought were explosions and stuff, I didn't know there was one that looked like a line...

Edit: Hang on a second, are you sure it's a buff-produced graphic? It doesn't seem to make sense that, if the spell teleports Yurnero instantly from one point to another, somehow the buff's graphics appear in the spaces in-between the two points (because he was never at those locations). It seems like a buff's graphics would only show up on the starting and ending locations.

LunarFenris

Reaction score
Not neccessarily. I think the graphic that does that just moves to the new position of the unit constantly, regardless of whether it walker or teleported there. I've seen that effect on a tower before, and in the editor I can swing it around as fast as I can, and it still creates a stream. Just look around for a buff that might do that. Trial and error is the best way to learn.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.