How do I make spells / abilities have a chance to critical strike?

Gracus

Reaction score
I want to make all my spells have a chance to critical strike, based off the hero's critical strike, also can a spell have a chance to be dodged?

Thank you :)

Chris93

Reaction score
by critical strike, do you mean if you got a stun that does 100 dmg and 3 sec stun, so with the critical strike with 1.5 extra dmg it should be 150 dmg?

You'll have to create a trigger that does the dodge. The only thing that exists in WE is magic armor, magic resistance and magic immunity.
Magic armor reduces the dmg from a spell and magic resistance are immune by some spells and magic immunity is for all spells i think

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
i think for critical strike you will need all your ability effects to be triggered all damage dealt by abilities to be triggered if you want to use % if not you can just make something like
-unit start effect of ability
level of [critical] for triggering unit > 0 then
caster dmg target with lv*X dmg

ZophtX

Reaction score
is it a possibilty of see how the Blademaster Critical Strike works. that would be my first place to start.

Winterherz

Reaction score
i think for critical strike you will need all your ability effects to be triggered all damage dealt by abilities to be triggered if you want to use % if not you can just make something like
-unit start effect of ability
level of [critical] for triggering unit > 0 then
caster dmg target with lv*X dmg

is this possible?

ACTION: on this is the initial spell damage
Trigger:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than 50
    • Then - Actions
    • Else - Actions

action would be to make the formula of the initial damage

that would make the amount work twice, thus a critical effect, is this right?

if it is, this can be my solution to your thread

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
If this is for all spells this will not be easy. You will need a system that detects damage from your spells. Therefore every single spell you make will have to be triggered to this system and if you already have spells you'll have to redo all of them.

And the above posters won't work.

E.g, what if someone casts an AOE ability?

Sharp

Reaction score
First you must create a "dummy" critical strike spell with X levels. And make a table for the % of the critical strike for example:

- Level 1 : 15% chance and 1.5x
- Level 2 : 30% chance and 3x
- Level 3 : 45% chance and 4.5x

Then for all abilities in your map you create, you must add this factor in consideration. In basic GUI it should look like this (Storm Bolt Spell):

Trigger:
  • Critical Spell - Storm Bolt
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Critical Strike for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Real((Random integer number between 1 and 100))) Less than or equal to ((Real((Level of Critical Strike for (Triggering unit)))) x 15.00)
        • Then - Actions
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Critical Spell at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Targeted unit), dealing ((150.00 x (Real((Level of Storm Bolt for (Triggering unit))))) x (1.50 x (Real((Level of Critical Strike for (Triggering unit)))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Else - Actions

For the action you must generate a random integer and verify with the level of critical strike.

Then you deal the spell damage x critical strike

Sorry if its not clear for you.

PS.: What Availeirra said is true. The best way to go is with a system for detecting damage of spells. Also the AoE is another issue.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Yeah this isn't easy, because you can't just base critical strike from any damage dealt, but ONLY the damage dealt from your spells.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.