How do you know if a map is available on a warcraft 3 version?

nardretor

Reaction score
Months ago, IceFrog of DotA said that he'll be making the next versions of DotA that won't be available for versions below 1.24. I tested them and they are really unavailable for the previous warcraft 3 versions but i didn't test the previous versions of DotA to the 1.24b version.

I don't know the differences of a map available for 1.24b and above or 1.24 below. Im just interested to know.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
well for one, when you join a game thats incompatable with the current version of wc3 then you will automatically be booted out (best if you are host as then you would know that you did not kick yourself)

aside from that, the replays for the maps that are incompatable will be in gray. In other words you cant watch them anymore, so if you know what map the replay is for then you know that that map will not work anymore

Finestdeath

Reaction score
PC WORLD EDITOR CHANGES
- Increased max map file size from 4 MB to 8 MB.
- Added the ability to store hashtable handles in a hashtable.
- Added GetSpellTargetX and GetSpellTargetY natives.
- Added a new base handle type "Agent" of which many types now extend from.
- Added a SaveAgentHandle native which can be used for saving most handle types.
- Added a JASS optimization dealing with global variable change events.
FIXES
- Fixed a few false positives caused by the "return bug" fix.
- Fixed a crash related to hashtable reference counting.
- "Shadowing" global variables with local variables no longer is possible.
- Fixed a type conversion dealing with operators (i.e. adding a handle with an integer).

I think the MAIN changes that caused maps before 1.24 not to run is the "return bug" fix and the Hashtable.

LearningCode

Reaction score
- Added the ability to store hashtable handles in a hashtable.

Yo dawg, I heard yo like hashtables, so we put a hashtable handle in a hashtable so yo can store stuff while yo stored stuff stores stuff!

avalya

Reaction score
Hashtables are pretty awesome though, even though I haven't started using them, they are very effective.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.