How to counter this strategy!

pkraktis

Reaction score
I just played some cheapass mofo who thinks hes good. I play night elf and he was orc. At first he harrasses me with BM. I lose like 1 wisp and detonate the other and kill his BM. I attack his base he has 2 grunts and 2 demos and his hero just reborn so my DH and 4 archers got chased away. Then he comes in like two seconds later with like 4 demos 2 grunts and a bunch of peons to start towering. WTF!

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
BM can be either Blade Master or Beast Master. Since he said the guy was Orc, I'll go with BladeMaster.

Demo's are probably the Orc Demolishers.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
He may have been creeping with the deoms and grunts.

With NE always remeber to use your wells. They get make or break you game (not literaly break it...but you get the pooint).

DM Cross

Reaction score
I have a question: How long did it take you to attack him? I mean, if on the first attack he had Demo's, it must have either been late first night, or early second morning, right?

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Demo's are first tier, I would say 5-10 mins into.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yeah, but to have 2 demos and 2 grunts? I know I typically only get 3 grunts JUST at the beginning of the first night. Don't demo's have a lengthy construct time?

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
What is a demo??

Also don't play as Night Elves, of the four main races they are the weakest. The only thing that justifies their existence is that they are pretty strong at their best; all upgrades, large base, etc. They have so many little balancing problems: no strong melee units that are fairly inexpensive, wisps die after making ancients, Ancient Protectors are weak and brittle, etc. I can't stand them, but that's just me.

zyzfcs

Reaction score
1. build at lest 1 moon well near your wisp
b/c for those of who like playing rush they will use Blade M (high damage)to kill your wisps at the beginnig of the game.
2. Archer is sux only 300 hp (grunt has 700 + hp!!!)
so you need to use hunter to fight back
3. use harass/ as many as possible....since N elf has damn moon well to restore their hps.
4. try to use N elf's air force if u have $ and time
b/c Orc 's air focre is xit

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Moon wells are horribly moronic... their mana pool is drained almost instantly and only regenerates (slowly) during the night. Another balancing issue.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Ya, longest first tier Orc unit (cept for heros). He mighthave gotten 2 straight barrecks.

Build order:
1 peons to gold
1 peon to wood
1 build altar
1 build barreck
1 build War Mill
Build 3-4 more peons
First one out builds burrow
Next Barrecks
Rest to gold/lumber

Something like that.

(keep in mind it is possible to get Chimes befor first night, and that's thrid tier (unless Blizzard changed it in 2.00)).

DM Cross

Reaction score
FireWarrior said:
What is a demo??

Demolisher. From the Barracks? Catapult looking things?

As for the Elves :D I'm an Orc player. They make for a good snack ;)

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
FireWarrior said:
Moon wells are horribly moronic... their mana pool is drained almost instantly and only regenerates (slowly) during the night. Another balancing issue.
Then again the other races don't have food buildings that heal. And there was an upgrade in TFT.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
PB_and_J said:
Then again the other races don't have food buildings that heal. And there was an upgrade in TFT.
I know very well of that upgrade and it still doesn't solve the issue. The other races have things to make up for the lack of heling farms. Humans have the priest (heal is probably one of the better healing moves), Undead have blight + Unholy Aura, and Orcs... oh wait, they can't heal. (Trolls aside)
So I play as either humans or undead.

Oh, and thanks Alex. Sorry, I said abbreviations kill me...

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Ne also have Rejuvenation.

zyzfcs

Reaction score
im a orc player
my style is rush... BM+6 grunt + peon + speedy scroll
why with peon?
b/c they can build tower behind opponent's base

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
PB_and_J said:
Ne also have Rejuvenation.

Ick, too costly... plus you have to upgrade for that.

zyzfcs, in BradyGames' guidebook they list strategies, and that one is in there, except it is a bit different.
4 peons, put right next to opponent's base. Have 2 build burrows and the others wait. Put 2 peons in each burrow.
This works because at that point, most players have just their starting units and maybe a barracks starting up.

DM Cross

Reaction score
zyzfcs said:
im a orc player
my style is rush... BM+6 grunt + peon + speedy scroll
why with peon?
b/c they can build tower behind opponent's base

By the time you get all that, it won't be a rush anymore. It's just an attack.

Me? I almost always get the Far Seer, and 3 Grunts by first night. As soon as that third Grunt's trained, I'm attacking with my Far Seer, Grunts, and Wolves. Then, back at my town, I'm getting better weapons and armor, trainning Grunt after Grunt and upgrading my base.

MAKE SURE YOU GET PILLAGE! It's essential to Orc fighting! :D

Do all that, and micro well enough, and very few people can throw ya off :)

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
When I play orc, it's bm harass. Get a few workers. Making Grunts at base. Get shamens, then tauren. Pretty simple.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.