How to counter this strategy!

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
My strategy is:
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BASE

It works well in single-player campaign missions, and if handled well works well in melees. Simply put, you establish a strong base before attacking. This means you have:
1)An upgraded town hall
2)A basic unit producing building
3)A spellcaster producing building
4)An upgrading building
5)If playing as Humans, a lumber mill
6)40 food for RoC, 50 for TFT
7)3+ towers guarding each open spot on your bases' border
8)At least one hero, level 3 or higher
9)At least 10 fighting units

This works unless you don't have enough gold, lumber, or space available.

Now, this doesn't mean no creeping. It means don't attack any opponents until the above is complete.

Be warned, an army of seige units can kill this strategy...

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
This seems to have strayed a long way from the original post...

My answer to this is quite simple, and I'm surprised you lost.

First off, NE (nightelf) have tier 1 (tree of normalness) siege.
(Via ancient of war and a hunters hall)

So you should be able to counter orc siege fairly easily.

Secondly, Bm can stand for blade master, beast master and blood mage. In this case I mean Blade master.

Nightelves can hide their female units, detonate wisps, and trees attack.
Pulling a blade master near an idle building \will make short work of him.
Place archers with their low hp near moonwells.
Siege far back by wisps and tree of life.
Wisps near moonwells is useful too.

To get rid of the nasty Bm. Simply get the ancient of wonders. Its only 90 gold and 30 wood. (Correct me if im wrong...) And you can buy dust of appearance for 50G.

Dust of appearance will reveal all invisible units around your hero for 15 seconds. The radius that is effected is as much as your hero can see. (Does not include other units sight radius)

Using this while the blade master has used wind walk will un hide him, and you get some free shots while he runs around. Dust of apearance has two charges, and is probably all you need. Once using this on a first bm harass atempt, they are likely not to try this again.

With the towering problem... Every minute or so pop your hero out of your base to have a quick check. Usually you dont find anything but its better to find out while theres only one or two towers instead of 10.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
-When your fighting a harassing BM and you have a DH, you get mana burn. Burn his mana off, and he can't ww anymore, so he'll run.

-fast creep to at least lvl 2, get two barracks, a hunters hall, with at least 6 whisps on wood. crank hunts like crass, and rush as fast as possible.

-Demo's arn't the way to go early game orcs, I just mass grunts, tech to tier two, get adapt witch doctor and use stukn wards. They pwn.

-as NE, after massing hunts, I tech past tier two to tier three (immediatly) and start massing bears/dryads
---Note: My end game rappy, so I don't know what you should do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.