How to create a missile spell?

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
I'm very new to the StarCraft editor, I've been reading the tutorials and learning a bit from there, but I'm stumbling on a few things. Anyway here's my question. I'm trying to create a grenade attack similar to the Marauder's Grenade attack. I'd like it to be on a marine though, and rather then being it's generic attack, I'd like it to be a click to use ability.

So in example,

A marine approaches a zergling, the Marine uses his 'grenade' ability, firing a grenade at the target. Then the Marine uses his generic attack (Machine gun) to finish it off.

I'm able to create the ability, the button, and a damage and movement modifier. The problem I'm having is with making models and actors. Would I make copies of the models and actors used by the Marauder? Or is there a simple way to attach the already in use actors/models to my marine?

Thank you in advance.

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
i think you need to make a new marine unit and marine actor and give it the ability that you just made in its abilities and its command card.
sooo pretty much make a unit in add(unit) and then choose the unit you want to copy attributes from eg:marine and yeee add ability
(im also new but i think this is how you would do it)

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback, but the problem I'm having isn't with the ability, it's more or less the cosmetics of it all. Right now I have the ability set up to deal damage and slow the movement speed of the unit. The only problem is that there is no missile or explosion on contact. My question is how do I add the models and animations to the ability.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
There is no need to create a new marine unit. You may however want to create a new missile unit, but you will only need to do this if you decide you do not want to use an existing missile. Other than that, the only other actor that you will need to create is a Action Actor. These actors are responsible for controlling most of the visuals aspects associated with launching missiles and attacks such as attaching explosions.

In general (and for this case), you will always need to create new actors as only one can be attached to a unit. However models can be attached to as many different units as you like, so you should never have to create a new model unless you want to modify some of the properties here.

EDIT: Action Actor will control most of the aspects. You will also need a Launch Missile Effect which will be the effect that your ability will call.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.