How to do TFT maps playable on RoC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

werasd

Reaction score
Man, it's completely impossible (In my mind).
You MUST separate RoC maps from TFT maps.

RoC Maps: They DON'T have custom triggers, custom units, custom abilities.
TFT Maps: The opposite of the RoC ones.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I believe you can convert the triggers to JASS and they will function in RoC like they did in TFT, just a guess from some things I've heard. =/

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I think there's a program that lets you add things like custom mini-maps, loading screens etc to your roc maps, but that's all I can think of getting close to tft.

hope this helps.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Like Kc said, one has to covert all the GUI triggers into JASS, however, that alone does not help. You have to reimport all the TFT units, spells, icons, etc. into your map with a mpq editor. That's a troublesome work.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Someone should make a base RoC map with all that stuff o_O!

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
The file size would be huge. If one needs a RoC map with TFT addons, I suggest to reimport only the necessary objects to save space.

Leo

Reaction score
There's a good tutorial by Tonks on the topic, search for it. It explains a simple conversion method that will allow you to use most TFT editor features on a RoC map.

Edit: Here I found it http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46811

You can't make a "base map" with all TFT spells, models, and icons, because that base map would be like a gigabyte in size if you imported everything into it.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> Someone should make a base RoC map with all that stuff o_O!

It would not work because it should be overwritten with default RoC values each time you save your map. The insection needs to be done after the map is finished or so. That was for TFT models. Tonks has covered it well in his tutorial.
You can use TFT actions in ROC (Many of them.) if you use JASS. For that download JASSCraft and seek out functions what you need for your map. Of course you need to know basics of JASS, we got good tutorials for that too.
Who told it would be easy ?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, this is not something that Blizzard intended. Blizzard intended for TFT maps to be played by people with TFT. Anything else is just ripping Blizzard off on people buying the expansion which is not something we support here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.