How to make a unit/building like a walkable platform?

Eimtr

Reaction score
[SOLVED] How to make a unit/building like a walkable platform?

PLAN A)
I want to make a flying unit or building so that it can transport units. So if I'm using that flying unit above water or Outland abyss, units to be able to walk and move on that flying unit while they cant move on the water/abyss.

So something like a unit that is walkable, kind of like destructibles can be made walkable. I'm asking about that kind of 'transport' not using load/unload or cargo hold.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say its either impossible or such a waste of performance and other resources that its better to assume its impossible then to try it out.

changing the pathability of a point is possible, changing the flying height of units is possible. both periodically according to a units position, a unit of which there might be several on the map would be killing the performance most likely. especially with GUI.

Eimtr

Reaction score
PLAN B)
I see. I've used the editor for lots of years though never tried that and wondered if I was missing something but apparently not.

I would add them as attachment units to the platform to simulate the're on it but the units are different scalings so True/false Scale Projectiles wouldnt do well for the platform as some would be too big, others too small, each has to be its own scaling as it currently is.

There is no way to make each unit attached via ability or trigger to the platform at different scaling or is there an ability that can make the attached unit to whatever size I want?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
no, attachments either use the scaling size 1.00 or the scaling of its attachment point. setting it individually for every attachment is not possible.

Eimtr

Reaction score
PLAN C)

Ok thank you, that was important so that I dont waste my time trying what war3 engine isnt made for.

So I'll make them flying units that move to their same points every 0.01 sec

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
that would work, kind of. and still alot better performance-wise then trying to make it real, with moving platforms where units are standing on. (that would be theoretically possible as well)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.